Being in desktop app affect server speed?

Is there any detriment to having the desktop app open with signal trading enabled if you are hosted on a VPS server? I just want to make sure I'm not affecting performance by watching in the application. 

bradjo32: Is there any detriment to having the desktop app open with signal trading enabled if you are hosted on a VPS server? I just want to make sure I'm not affecting performance by watching in the application. 

Yes, as far as I have read in other threads, it could duplicate trades, if you use the master password. So instead, open it with the investor password. That way you can monitor the account without having trades generated.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal platform is doing very strange thing.

Longsen Chen, 2022.09.23 06:33

I am subscribing a signal.  The balance ratio was 460%

When the signal opened an order, signal platform opened two orders in my account. One is 0.46 lots and another is 0.33 lots. After a while, 0.46 lots order was closed and the 0.33 lots order remained.

However, the log file has no clue for the opening and closing of positions.

My questions are

why signal platform opened two orders?

why singal platform closed the big order?

I attached the log file and images of signal account's open position and my account open positions for your review.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal platform is doing very strange thing.

Carl Schreiber, 2022.09.24 18:10

1. In order that this does not happen the local mt5 stops to copy the signal - it should be mentioned in the journal.
  2. After the migration login with your local terminal with the Investor Password. This will disable any trading but you can watch what is happening on your account in time.

You can have your desktop terminal open to watch trading, but with the Enable realtime signal subscription option in Signals settings, unticked.

Like Fernando said above, you would have duplicate signal trades if you have it ticked.

Thank you! And if I close the desktop application, that also has no affect for the signal, correct? 

bradjo32 #:
Thank you! And if I close the desktop application, that also has no affect for the signal, correct? 

No, if you have migrated to your MQL5 VPS successfully.

Check the MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journals for details.

Reason: