Discussion of article "Learn how to design a trading system by Awesome Oscillator"

New article Learn how to design a trading system by Awesome Oscillator has been published:

In this new article in our series, we will learn about a new technical tool that may be useful in our trading and it is the Awesome Oscillator (AO) indicator. We will learn how to design a trading system by this indicator.

Strategy one: AO Zero Crossover:

According to this strategy, we need to create a trading system that can be able to generate signals of bullish or bearish based on continuously comparing two values and they are the current AO value and the zero level of AO indicator to determine the position of each value and decide the statue of the market. If the AO value is greater than the zero level, we need the trading system to generate a comment on the chart with the following values:

• Bullish
      • AO Value is n

In the other scenario, if the current AO value is lower than the zero level, we need the trading system to return a comment on the chart with the following values:

• Bearish
      • AO Value is n

The following is for the step-by-step of this trading system:

Algorithmic-Trading-System-Blueprint1

Author: Mohamed Abdelmaaboud

MetaQuotes:

New article Learn how to design a trading system by Awesome Oscillator has been published:

Author: Mohamed Abdelmaaboud

Thank you for your Great work, please make one based on Williams Fractals.

MANESA MANESA #:
      Thank you for your Great work, please make one based on Williams Fractals.

You're welcome, I will try.

Thank you @Mohamed Abdelmaaboud for these wonderful articles.  Unfortunately, I have an account with Oanda and they do not allow MT5 because I am in Europe (Ireland) they said.  I was wondering if you would be so kind as to create this article for MQL4?  As I am just learning to code some EAs, I think this one would be a great starting point.  I tried to put some of this code into MQL4 and got some compile errors. I have written some EAs myself but they have not been successful on demo accounts. How do you normally test these EAs?  Is it through Metatrader Test suite itself or do you use a separate testing software package like Forex Tester 5?  I would like to understand how to properly test an EA and see how well it works in different market conditions.  It would be great to know that the EA works well in some market conditions before trying it out on a demo etc.  Perhaps you could create a separate article on how this can be achieved.  Thanks again for your contributions here.

Brian Tansey #:
      Thank you @Mohamed Abdelmaaboud for these wonderful articles.  Unfortunately, I have an account with Oanda and they do not allow MT5 because I am in Europe (Ireland) they said.  I was wondering if you would be so kind as to create this article for MQL4?  As I am just learning to code some EAs, I think this one would be a great starting point.  I tried to put some of this code into MQL4 and got some compile errors. I have written some EAs myself but they have not been successful on demo accounts. How do you normally test these EAs?  Is it through Metatrader Test suite itself or do you use a separate testing software package like Forex Tester 5?  I would like to understand how to properly test an EA and see how well it works in different market conditions.  It would be great to know that the EA works well in some market conditions before trying it out on a demo etc.  Perhaps you could create a separate article on how this can be achieved.  Thanks again for your contributions here.

Thanks a lot Brian Tansey for your kind comment.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide here new articles by MQL4 as they are not available or not supported now. You can test any coded strategy by the strategy tester of MetaTrader as I do. You can find it in the View tab of MetaTrader --> Strategy Tester or by pressing Ctrl+R while opening the MetaTrader.

Reason: