Thank you, William Roeder!

I feel that this needs to be said, even if I am the only one to think this way.

Many have criticised @William Roeder because of his posts appearing to seem somewhat cold-hearted or even rude. His posts are certainly unforgiving. But one cannot deny the value of his posts and the effort and dedication he puts into them.

He takes the time to analyse the code line-by-line and then outline each of the problematic areas. I, for one, don’t usually have the patience to do that unless it interests me. Yet, he does it almost every time, irrespective of his interest.

In almost every post, he supplies links to forum posts (or other references) that apply to the issue being discussed. Yet, to do this means that he must keep track of all these references (which just goes to show how much effort he puts into it). He either runs multiple searches to find the links (which is very time-consuming and requires much effort), or what I believe he does, is keep a detailed personal database of all this relevant information to reply accordingly with his characteristic “copy/paste” impression. That can be a huge undertaking.

That is no simple thing to do when his gain is almost nil. He is not an admin with vested interest, nor a moderator, nor does he get any substantial financial reward from it. He certainly does not gain much recognition either, as most just scoff at his responses. Only a few really appreciate the content of his posts.

Yet, he persists with his efforts, amidst the personal attacks on him, and what seems to be a general ungrateful attitude towards his posts. I personally would have given up a long time ago.

Yes, he sometimes makes mistakes, but he is only human, like all of us. We all make mistakes and we all have good days and bad days. And we all have feelings and emotions that sometimes come out in our writing. However, the value of his posts is undeniable. They are usually highly relevant and useful (at least for those that are intelligent enough to appreciate them).

So, irrespective of his demeanour, which sometimes rubs people the wrong way, I have to admire his dedication and effort to provide users with an answer to their questions, even if they cannot appreciate it.

Thank you, @William Roeder!

Well said Fernando!

Yeah, sure he does not win the Mister Charming Award, But he is helpful. I too learned from his posts.

I agree Fernando.

I think that a lot of people just can't be bothered to make the effort to study William's posts so they don't realise how valuable they are.

There may also be the fact that many people just don't realise that the underlined links are actually links. This is made quite obvious by the amount of people that post in codebase threads asking where to download (often quoting with the link in the quote).

Fernando Carreiro:
I feel that this needs to be said, even if I am the only one to think this way.

Many have criticised @William Roeder because of his posts appearing to seem somewhat cold-hearted or even rude. His posts are certainly unforgiving. But one cannot deny the value of his posts and the effort and dedication he puts into them.

He takes the time to analyse the code line-by-line and then outline each of the problematic areas. I, for one, don’t usually have the patience to do that unless it interests me. Yet, he does it almost every time, irrespective of his interest.

In almost every post, he supplies links to forum posts (or other references) that apply to the issue being discussed. Yet, to do this means that he must keep track of all these references (which just goes to show how much effort he puts into it). He either runs multiple searches to find the links (which is very time-consuming and requires much effort), or what I believe he does, is keep a detailed personal database of all this relevant information to reply accordingly with his characteristic “copy/paste” impression. That can be a huge undertaking.

That is no simple thing to do when his gain is almost nil. He is not an admin with vested interest, nor a moderator, nor does he get any substantial financial reward from it. He certainly does not gain much recognition either, as most just scoff at his responses. Only a few really appreciate the content of his posts.

Yet, he persists with his efforts, amidst the personal attacks on him, and what seems to be a general ungrateful attitude towards his posts. I personally would have given up a long time ago.

Yes, he sometimes makes mistakes, but he is only human, like all of us. We all make mistakes and we all have good days and bad days. And we all have feelings and emotions that sometimes come out in our writing. However, the value of his posts is undeniable. They are usually highly relevant and useful (at least for those that are intelligent enough to appreciate them).

So, irrespective of his demeanour, which sometimes rubs people the wrong way, I have to admire his dedication and effort to provide users with an answer to their questions, even if they cannot appreciate it.

Thank you, @William Roeder!

For real, Thank you @WilliamRoeder

Yes, I agree too.
William Roeder is making his posts on the way as mini-articles or mini-review/summary, and it is not easy to do.
And it is very valuable.

Keith Watford #: There may also be the fact that many people just don't realise that the underlined links are actually links. This is made quite obvious by the amount of people that post in codebase threads asking where to download (often quoting with the link in the quote).

Yes! I see that too, and often think to myself — if they are not even informed enough to know what a link is, how do they expect to be able to learn to trade properly or to learn how to code at all?

Thank you all.

William Roeder #: Thank you all.

At least from my end — You are welcome! Thank you for your efforts and I hope to continue to learn from you.

As a past (and maybe future) recipient of William's responses, I will also get behind this.

Harsh as they may seem, they are also invariably helpful!

Indeed! Thank you William Roeder and thank you too Fernando! I always see both of you helping everyone on the forums! You two are awesome! 
Reason: