"Trading Hours" feature

Hi,

Some trading platforms such as Ninjatrader and Tradestation have a feature called "trading hours". What it does is it removes undesired periods of a chart and only shows the desired trading hours. In other words, the platform ignores market data outside of the desired trading session, creating charts that are not 24h-globex charts, like the one attached below.

Could you please add a similar feature to Metatrader? It is a very helpful thing for traders willing to only trade in their desired market session.

MetaTrader 5 Web Platform
MetaTrader 5 Web Platform
  • www.mql5.com
Connect to your account and trade in financial markets directly from your browser
Files:

Farzad Gharebashloo:

Hi,

Some trading platforms such as Ninjatrader and Tradestation have a feature called "trading hours". What it does is it removes undesired periods of a chart and only shows the desired trading hours. In other words, the platform ignores market data outside of the desired trading session, creating charts that are not 24h-globex charts, like the one attached below.

Could you please add a similar feature to Metatrader? It is a very helpful thing for traders willing to only trade in their desired market session.

I believe Custom Symbols can help.

Creating and testing custom symbols in MetaTrader 5
Creating and testing custom symbols in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Creating custom symbols pushes the boundaries in the development of trading systems and financial market analysis. Now traders are able to plot charts and test trading strategies on an unlimited number of financial instruments.

This is the MT4 forum.
Navdeep Singh #: I believe Custom Symbols can help.

Doesn't exist in MT4.

Farzad Gharebashloo: Could you please add a similar feature to Metatrader? 
Create an offline chart generator.

Custom symbols can't help. I want it to function on the live market.
Reason: