Thinking of a way to algorithmically adjust lot sizes without a stop loss. - page 2

gouki1001 #: Im hedging btw. So atm Im realising most people ue " change in pips per period " This looks interesting but I wonder if thats how most people are doing it without using hard stop losses .  I dont mind using Reinforcd leanring to adjust lots but I dont want to manually increase or decrese lots going into trades. 

Hedging on the same symbol (sometimes called "nedging") is worse than a Stop-Loss because you pay double the trading costs (spread and commission) and even more on swaps because the trades are left open.

So, instead of "nedging", learn to use a proper stop-loss. The very link I gave for you for the "netting" calculations, is about why you should not use "nedging" (hedging on the same symbol).

Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - Can anyone share their profitable trading strategy with me?
Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - Can anyone share their profitable trading strategy with me?
  • www.mql5.com
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies. Can anyone share their profitable trading strategy with me. You , i and all retail traders have to find a way to make money trading
Reason: