Making an EA that work - page 2

carl_carl101 #: What kind of bugs you can encounter? Because for me it has worked well.

One more point — how would you know it is working correctly, if you don't have the coding knowledge required to be able to evaluate it and certify that it is in fact working correctly?

I'm not trying to me "nasty" about it. It is just a question that you should ask yourself and to help you contemplate your reasoning.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The person his asking to shift his indicator forward, on the EAbuilder website is saying that it can only be positive or zero the shifting INT. I sent them an email to know the reason. 

- EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders. Does that mean the script his slower? maybe some people encounter issue because there broker or internet connection where not good for scalping?

- EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (Max bars in chart), volume is unreliable (miss ticks.) Always use time. EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.

Lets say that EA builder might not be the best code wise for scalping strategies but if your strategy is more long term it does not really matter that much.

But yes I will check more in detail in the forum

Thanks for your reply

New candle
New candle
  • www.mql5.com
Anyone got a good piece of code for build 600+ that will determine if a tick that came in is the start of a new candle or not...

Fernando Carreiro #:

One more point — how would you know it is working correctly, if you don't have the coding knowledge required to be able to evaluate it and certify that it is in fact working correctly?

I'm not trying to me "nasty" about it. It is just a question that you should ask yourself and to help you contemplate your reasoning.

I have a little bit a coding knowledge, I know that it works because it reflect exactly what I putted on EA builder in the back testing. Example: Buy on 2 moving averages crossing. I can see in the backtesting that the price is good and the entry is exactly when the 2 MA crossed. I see that its opening one position and its calculating the commission and swap. Maybe you are referring more to a scalping strategy where trades happens in second and the closing position too.

There are also people on youtube making EA with EA builder and its working well. Is it profitable for several years? I'm sure not!

Thas why I created this thread about making an EA, because yes I could pay the best coder on MQL5 and tell him to make me a perfect 2 MA crossing EA but it would not work because of this:

"Any Expert Advisor is created on the basis of a certain regularity, which is detected by the creator of such a product. There are many regularities.

But because the market price series is not a constant state of such regularities, EAs stop working from time to time. Especially optimized for irrelevant regularities.

This is the main reason why EAs, Expert Advisors and robots do not work for a long time."

My Opinion: If you want to become a successful trader, you have to develop and test your own trading strategies. If you're really serious, learn how to code.

trustfultrading #:
My Opinion: If you want to become a successful trader, you have to develop and test your own trading strategies. If you're really serious, learn how to code.

I just wanted to know how people work to make successful strategies. You can be the best coder but not being able to make a successful EA. Its all in the strategy and the idea.

The 2 first post were really helpful.

my 2 cents

if you want to make your system more robust, then you will need to have more than 2 types of exits in your strategy

see this poll https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/23777

it is the exit that puts money in your pocket

although entry is important, exit is more important.

What's the optimum number of exits a trading system should have? - Number of exits in a trading system is more profitable or not
What's the optimum number of exits a trading system should have? - Number of exits in a trading system is more profitable or not
  • www.mql5.com
I assume the standard 2 exits a trading system should have is tp and sl. I just experience from my trading system that have 3 exits and adding one more does more harm than good. Im collecting statistics to find out if more exits in a trading system is more profitable or not

Dua Yong Rew #:

my 2 cents

if you want to make your system more robust, then you will need to have more than 2 types of exits in your strategy

see this poll https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/23777

it is the exit that puts money in your pocket

although entry is important, exit is more important.

To be honest I never thought about that while making an EA,

" although entry is important, exit is more important."

Robust system= more than 2 types of exits

Thanks a lot!

Reason: