What's the optimum number of exits a trading system should have?

• 18% (14)
  • 32% (24)
  • 17% (13)
  • 14% (11)
  • 18% (14)
Total voters: 76

I assume the standard 2 exits a trading system should have is TP and SL

How many exits does your system have?

I just experience from my trading system that have 3 exits and adding one more does more harm than good 

I use TP,SL and Trailing

Rosiman:
I use TP,SL and Trailing
that's 3 exits

doshur:
that's 3 exits
yes 3

In trading, there is really no hard-fast rule or standard so to say. The number of exits would be largely determined by factors such as your risk appetite and your strategy. I would rather talk about least number of exits. One standard rule however in money management is to always ensure that you have a stop loss for every trade so from this angle, you may want to say that the least number of exit should always be 1.

verdure:
In trading, there is really no hard-fast rule or standard so to say. The number of exits would be largely determined by factors such as your risk appetite and your strategy. I would rather talk about least number of exits. One standard rule however in money management is to always ensure that you have a stop loss for every trade so from this angle, you may want to say that the least number of exit should always be 1.
Nope. I would not want to ask that.
There is already one exit in every strategy call margin call.

Im collecting statistics to find out if more exits in a trading system is more profitable or not.

I think 2 are enough.

MetaSky:

I think 2 are enough.

what are the 2?

The two exit strategies: one to handle profits and another to handle losses.

MetaSky:

The two exit strategies: one to handle profits and another to handle losses.

Hard values of tp and sl or variable?
Reason: