About Shifting Value Adjustment

Can we use Indicators with  it's shifting value less than 0 to make custom indicators ? .

Generally Moving avrage indicator has shifting value adjestment in default settings. (default value is 0) but Indicators like RSI & ADX hasn't shifting value adjestment in default settings

so, If we use RSI or ADX with shifting value like  -3  to make a custom indicator, Will it work on charts without errors ? 

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal:

Can we use Indicators with  it's shifting value less than 0 to make custom indicators ? .

Generally Moving avrage indicator has shifting value adjestment in default settings. (default value is 0) but Indicators like RSI & ADX hasn't shifting value adjestment in default settings

so, If we use RSI or ADX with shifting value like  -3  to make a custom indicator, Will it work on charts without errors ? 

I guess so :) It is up to you to handle errors such as there's not enough bar for calculation and shifting.
Did you check the codebase?

1. Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal: Can we use Indicators with  it's shifting value less than 0 to make custom indicators ? .

Does it provide a shifting value?

2. Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal: Generally Moving avrage indicator has shifting value adjestment in default settings. (default value is 0) 

So what?

3. Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal: RSI & ADX hasn't shifting value adjestment in default settings\

Again so what?

4. Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal: so, If we use RSI or ADX with shifting value like  -3  

They do not have a shift parameter as you said in № 3.

5. Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal: , If we use RSI or ADX with shifting value like  -3  to make a custom indicator,\

Read your values, and shift your indicator.

6. Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal: Will it work on charts without errors ? 

Only if you code it properly.

William Roeder #:
  1. Does it provide a shifting value?

2. So what?

3. Again so what?

4. They do not have a shift parameter as you said in № 3.

5. Read your values, and shift your indicator.

6. Only if you code it properly.

Bro., 

I'm using EA Builder site for make indicators. and then I read the codes of them to learn the meanings and how them work. but I'm new to coding MQL4 language. 

for example, EA builder site has an option to set Shifting value for ADX and RSI and when checking for code set, shifting value set for those indicators. 

thats why I got this question

Hapu Arachchilage Tharindu Lakmal #: I'm using EA Builder site for make indicators.

EA builder, EA Builder Pro, EATree, Etasoft forex generator, Forex Strategy Builder, ForexEAdvisor STRATEGY BUILDER, ForexRobotAcademy.com, FX EA Builder, fxDreema, Forex Generator, FxPro, Molanis, Octa-FX Meta Editor, Online Forex Expert Advisor Generator, Strategy Builder FX, Strategy Quant, Visual Trader Studio, MQL5 Wizard, etc., are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.

1. Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    If we tell you what you need, you can't code it.
    If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.
    We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using Code button) and state the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

2. EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (Max bars in chart), volume is unreliable (miss ticks.) Always use time.
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers. pre-Build 500)
    EA builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.

3. EATree uses objects on chart to save values — not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)

4. FX EA Builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
    FX EA Builder makes bad code, loosing open tickets on terminal restart. No recovery (crash/power failure.)
    FX EA Builder makes bad code, not adjusting stops for the spread.
    FX EA Builder makes bad code, using OrdersTotal directly.

5. FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER makes bad code, non-updateing global variables.
    FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER makes bad code, compilation errors.
    FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER makes bad code, not checking return codes.

Learn to code it, or pay someone (Freelance) someone to code it.
          Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum #1 (2019)

Reason: