Could MT5 terminal be used to connect to an MT4 server/broker - and (auto)trade?

Please see subject. One of my brokers only provides MT4 but I have an EA built for MT5.

Is there any way to use the MT5 terminal and connect to an MT4-only broker? This kind of "backward compatibility" wouldn't be odd for many systems, but I have no idea.

If someone also knows how this is possible, or why in particular this isn't possible, that would also be helpful to know (and for future people looking to understand this).

PS - Please keep in mind I'm not asking about some kind of "bridge" or signal sending service, where the signals are being generated by MT5 but then sent to an MT4 terminal; rather I am talking about directly connecting to an MT4 broker using an MT5 terminal, and (auto)trading directly from MT5.

Thanks so much!

As far as I am aware, this is not possible.

MT5 is much different than MT4.

Only way is a copy trader working on both MTR and MT5, yes, you said, that's not what you are looking for, but that's the only way if doing it.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
As far as I am aware, this is not possible.

MT5 is much different than MT4.

Only way is a copy trader working on both MTR and MT5, yes, you said, that's not what you are looking for, but that's the only way if doing it.

Or just find a MT5 compliant broker

Thanks both for your replies.

Interesting that MT5 couldn't be equipped with the ability to connect to an MT4 server... Even with limited functionality!

I really like my broker, but yeah, for whatever reason no MT5 support (yet)... Surprisingly still fairly common! Not sure why.

Reason: