Newbie question: how to add server to MT4

I downloaded MT4 and it created a demo account for me. I would like to add my broker (LegoMarket LLC) so I can download its history. I am not sure how to do this. When I try to open a new account only Metaquotes Software is listed under servers. The is not green button to add another server. When I click next there are 3 options (Open a demo account,  Open a real account for live trading and Connect with an existing trade account). The second option (Connect with a liver trade account) cannot be selected.

So, how can I use MQL to see and download the historical date of my LegoMarket broker? BTW: the MT4 app on my phone works perfectly, but it does not allow downloading the historical data.

Marc De: I downloaded MT4 and it created a demo account for me. I would like to add my broker (LegoMarket LLC) so I can download its history. I am not sure how to do this. When I try to open a new account only Metaquotes Software is listed under servers. The is not green button to add another server. When I click next there are 3 options (Open a demo account,  Open a real account for live trading and Connect with an existing trade account). The second option (Connect with a liver trade account) cannot be selected. So, how can I use MQL to see and download the historical date of my LegoMarket broker? BTW: the MT4 app on my phone works perfectly, but it does not allow downloading the historical data.

The quickest way is to download and install the broker's own branded version of MetaTrader 4, but you should first open up a demo account with your broker via their website.

You can also update your trade server information on your current installation as follows:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Are all mt4 platforms permanently branded to the broker downloaded from?

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.05.28 17:14

It does work. You are probably not using the correct information. Make sure your trader server name is correct. I do it all the time on MT4 (current build 1353).

However, one possible cause, may be that it has not updated its internal list of server names. So do the following to update it:

1. Menu: File → Open an Account
  2. Click the Scan button and then see if the list contains the broker's trade servers you need.
  3. If not, then at the end of the list, click the "+add new broker ..." option and add the broker's name (or the exact trader server name) and then enter.
  4. Wait for the search to complete ad then scan again.
  5. Go over the list and make sure the trade server you want is on the list
  6. If it is, then you can close the window and log onto your trade account.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The quickest way is to download and install the broker's own branded version of MetaTrader 4, but you should first open up a demo account with your broker via their website.

You can also update your trade server information on your current installation as follows:

Thanks. Installing metatrader 4 from LegoMarket broker's website solved the problem
Reason: