Anticipate news and close trades with EA

The problem: Programatically exit trades, downsize, or just not trade that [morning|day|evening] before major news events, e.g. interest rate announcements and such.

General question - is anyone familiar with / aware of a free or cheap financial news service where the schedule of news releases is consumable trough API? The idea being to pull this in a few times per day, and allow the bot to trade/not trade accordingly. Ok not a huge deal, I can just code a schedule myself, make it a weekly manual task before the markets trade, what's worth the risk and what not, but trying to fully automate it would be nice.

MQL has an economic calendar implemented.

That can be used to do the job.

jepper: The problem: Programatically exit trades, downsize, or just not trade that [morning|day|evening] before major news events, e.g. interest rate announcements and such.

General question - is anyone familiar with / aware of a free or cheap financial news service where the schedule of news releases is consumable trough API? The idea being to pull this in a few times per day, and allow the bot to trade/not trade accordingly. Ok not a huge deal, I can just code a schedule myself, make it a weekly manual task before the markets trade, what's worth the risk and what not, but trying to fully automate it would be nice.

Use the Calendar services of this very website, via the built-in MQL5 functionality — Documentation on MQL5: Economic Calendar