Issue with lagging mt4

Can someone offer me advice. I am still on mt4. I have indicators that really lag and lockup my platform and it is becoming a major issue. I deleted the logs but don't see much difference. Are there any suggestions that can provide relief. It is not really a new computer but I can't afford an upgrade right now. I am pretty sure the bulk of a delay is because of one indicator, but i want to keep it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Your indicators are broken, you should fix them.

You can try reducing Tools → Options (control+O) → Charts → Max bars in chart to something reasonable (like 1K.)

William Roeder #:

Your indicators are broken, you should fix them.

You can try reducing Tools → Options (control+O) → Charts → Max bars in chart to something reasonable (like 1K.)

How do i fix them. They work for me just delayed but if that is my problem, how do i do it or who can i send them to? Tks

Scott Littlefield #: How do i fix them. They work for me just delayed but if that is my problem, how do i do it or who can i send them to? Tks

You fix them by making their code more efficient and require less resources. To do that you have to be skilled at MQL coding.

Reason: