Syntax of iAO

In MT4 I have:

A1 = iAO(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 1);

Reading the MT5 documentation I don't understand how to get it to work. It complains that the parameter count is wrong. It hasn't got the last item, so how do I extract the nth bar information?

The documentation says:

The function creates Accelerator Oscillator in a global cache of the client terminal and returns its handle. It has only one buffer.

Which doesn't really help very much. I wish the help file would contain examples as it is so much easier to understand.

-Jerry

Accelerator Oscillator (AC)
  • votes: 21
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp. | English Russian Chinese Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
The Acceleration/Deceleration Indicator (AC) measures acceleration and deceleration of the current driving force.

In MT5 you don't get the shifted value of the indicators directly from the function call. First, you get the handle:

AOhandle = iAO(NULL, PERIOD_H1);

Then you copy the buffer from the handle:

double AObuffer[];
CopyBuffer(AOhandle, 0, 0, rates_total, AOhandle);

Now you can use the separate elements of the buffer. If you want classic timeseries order where the 9th element is 9 periods ago you should also set the buffer as series:

ArraySetAsSeries(AObuffer, true);
double AO_9 = AObuffer[9];

enivid:

In MT5 you don't get the shifted value of the indicators directly from the function call. First, you get the handle:

Now you can use the separate elements of the buffer. If you want classic timeseries order where the 9th element is 9 periods ago you should also set the buffer as series:

Very many thanks. I was trying to get my head around the new way of extracting data. I think your example should go in the MT5 help file!

-Jerry

enivid:

Very many thanks. I was trying to get my head around the new way of extracting data. I think your example should go in the MT5 help file!

-Jerry

netconuk:

-Jerry

Actually for correctness I think it should be this (but you knew that!
CopyBuffer(AOhandle, 0, 0, rates_total, AOBuffer);

netconuk:
Actually for correctness I think it should be this (but you knew that!
Yeah, sorry, mistyped it.
Reason: