backtest a trading methode with an EA place on a offline chart

hi

i would like to know if there is a possibility to do backtest on an offline chart

i have an EA place on a regular 1minute chart

that trace an offline chart base on constant range bar 

i need to do back test but i see only regular time chart on setting in back test.

is there a way to make it on a offline chart ?

thank you 

loocoom:

hi

i would like to know if there is a possibility to do backtest on an offline chart

i need to do back test but i see only regular time chart on setting in back test.

thank you 

You may convert your offline chart to a testable one. It is not quite comfortable, so I use a script for it. 

Offline Test Helper
Offline Test Helper
  • admin@ovo.cz
  • ovo.cz
What does the helper after dropping on a chart: Creates a virtual server folder. Absence of the on-line server will prevent the terminal from updating any chart. Copies essential Metatrader data to the new server folder (instrument list with latest quotes). Creates a copy of the current offline chart. Set its timeframe to M1. Removes...

hi, first thank you for answering.

i have a probleme when a slide the script on my offline chart. i got the msg:  

"unsupported legacy version. use b509-compatible script"

what i'm suppose to do here ?

thank you 

i'm on MT4 4.00 build 765

loocoom:

hi, first thank you for answering.

i have a probleme when a slide the script on my offline chart. i got the msg:  

"unsupported legacy version. use b509-compatible script"

what i'm suppose to do here ?

thank you 

The generator probably created obsolete hst file format, which was used prior build 541.  Though reading v.400 format chart was re-enabled in the MT4 some time later, yet I had no reason for its implementation to the script (it would be the same effort as fixing the generator the other way round).

Ovo:

The generator probably created obsolete hst file format, which was used prior build 541.  Though reading v.400 format chart was re-enabled in the MT4 some time later, yet I had no reason for its implementation to the script (it would be the same effort as fixing the generator the other way round).

does it's work with your range_bar indicator ? http://ovo.cz/offline-charts-for-mt4/range-bars/ 

you really have a nice indicator range bar, i'm gonna use the try period and see.

thank you 

loocoom:

does it's work with your range_bar indicator ? http://ovo.cz/offline-charts-for-mt4/range-bars/ 

you really have a nice indicator range bar, i'm gonna use the try period and see.

thank you 

Apologies, I cannot discuss this software here, only the free scripts.

loocoom:

hi

thank you 

Hi!

Today I found the solution.

In external params add the following line:

extern int TimeFrame = 2; // if you use M2 offline chart

For indicators use the following (for example RSI):

myRSI = iRSI(Symbol(), TimeFrame, RSIPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);

In strategy tester select M1 timeframe. All your indies get values from M2 offline chart, however you backtest on M1.

I tried it, and it works.

Sorry for my English.

Regards

G

ledneczkig:

Hi!

Today I found the solution.

In external params add the following line:

extern int TimeFrame = 2; // if you use M2 offline chart

For indicators use the following (for example RSI):

myRSI = iRSI(Symbol(), TimeFrame, RSIPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);

In strategy tester select M1 timeframe. All your indies get values from M2 offline chart, however you backtest on M1.

I tried it, and it works.

Sorry for my English.

Regards

G

Hello,

Can you help me, how I open to edit external param to add the line. 

Thanks, 

Reason: