Missing Bid-Ask levels - page 4

I also read somewhere, I think on the broker's website, where the way the MT5 platform handles deal flow was explained.
And it all depends on the date feed. In which there may be a direction of deals, or there may be no such information.
When this information is missing in the feed, then the platform tries to determine this direction, according to the following principle:

if last = = ask, there was a deal Buy
if last == bid, there was a deal Sell

Accordingly, if there is a deal within the spread (ie opposite)
thenlast != ask and last != bid
and the platform outputs N/A, the direction is uncertain.
Which is logical, if it has passed inside the spread, then it does not change BestBid or BestAsk.
Which is what you can see in your stack.

To summarize, we can say that the display is correct.
You just need to understand the implementation of the flow processing mechanism by the MT5 platform and its display.

Roman:

I also read somewhere, I think on the broker's website, where the way the MT5 platform handles deal flow was explained.
And it all depends on the date feed. In which there may be a direction of deals, or there may be no such information.
When this information is missing in the feed, then the platform tries to determine this direction, according to the following principle:

Which is logical, if it has passed inside the spread, then it does not change BestBid or BestAsk.
Which is what you observe in your stack.

To summarize, we can say that the displaying is correct.
You just need to understand the implementation of the flow processing mechanism by the MT5 platform and its mapping.

What are the trades in the spread? A limit order placed in the spread, if it can be placed (because on the S&P, for example, the spread is usually 1-2 ticks),
changes the best price of the put. And the market order is matched with this limit. The trades are not executed in a vacuum.
The fact that no one draws or displays in the data changes of the best prices for some reason does not change the idea of order matching.
There is a limit order which is put together with a market (aggressive, market - variously named) order. Everything goes in one order there. Everything goes in one order there, even on a microsecond level.
Everything has its own order.

Well, then, incomplete implementation.

Andrey Gladyshev:

What are trades in the spread? A limit order put into the spread, if you can put it in (because on the S&P, for example, the spread is usually 1-2 ticks),
changes the best price of the put. And the market order is matched with this limit. The trades are not executed in a vacuum.
The fact that no one draws or displays in the data changes of the best prices for some reason does not change the idea of order matching.
There is a limit order which is put together with a market (aggressive, market - variously named) order. Everything goes in one order there. Everything goes in one order there, even on a microsecond level.
Everything has its own queue.

If a limit order is placed in the spread and immediately connected with the market one, it doesn't get to the queue and in all likelihood doesn't change the best price of the queue.

I mentioned this at the beginning, I just don't remember exactly, if you look up the material it will be clear.

Roman:

Which is what you see in your stack.

To sum it up, we can say that the displaying is correct.
You just need to understand the implementation of the flow processing mechanism by the MT5 platform and its displaying.

You are like children, I swear. I've already explained TC: take a full order book and look at it. All the necessary information is there, namely the order numbers involved in the trade. By the order numbers, we can clearly see who, when and at what price made the orders aggregated in this specific trade.

And what MT5 shows you is a secondary issue.

Andrey Gladyshev:

What are the trades in the spread?

Two differently directed marketplaces, at the same time.
Take a look at the screenshot in the link above.

Dmi3:

You're like children, for God's sake. Already explained to TC: take the full warrant log and look at it. It has all the information you need, namely the order numbers involved in the trade. By the order numbers, we can clearly see who, when and at what price made the orders aggregated in this specific trade.

And what MT5 shows is a secondary issue.

You should also see a screenshot of the log.

Roman:

You should also see a screenshot of what the log prints.

I don't need to see a screenshot, I stand in the glass every day with my money, I know what happens there and why. And how MT5 displays it, once again, is another question.

Roman:

Two differently directed marketplaces, at the same time.
Look at the screenshot in the link above.

There are no "market" orders on the exchange. There are ONLY limits. Any market order is a limit order at the maximum/minimum price.

Dmi3:

There are no "market" orders on the exchange. There are ONLY limits. Any market order is a limit order at the price of the maximum/minimum limit.

It is clear that there are no market orders.
The slang "market" is applicable for understanding because many people don't realise that there are no markets.
Therefore it is easier to say market than to explain the whole technology of execution ))

Reason: