Self-learning the MQL5 language from scratch - page 8

SanAlex:

study and study again -

If you become a programmer, you have to study everything thoroughly, so that the customer does not punch you in the face later.

If you want to create a robot for yourself, it is enough to copy the ready-made functions and thank the programmers.

-----------------------

I just want to say a huge human THANK YOU to all the programmers!

I join in thanking the programmers!

But in terms of creating a "robot for yourself" I can't agree that "copying ready-made features" is enough. In my personal opinion, which you may not agree with, the poke method works well in bed. I already have two great results in this regard - two sons! And now I have a granddaughter growing up! It's just lovely!

That's lyrical. In reality, you need to be conscious of what you are doing, even if you take ready-made programming codes, you first need to understand what they do, how they work and how to connect them properly. And without knowing the basics of programming, I think, is difficult.

Respectfully, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

I join in thanking the programmers!

But in terms of creating a "robot for yourself", I cannot agree that "copying ready-made functions" is enough. In my personal opinion, which you may not agree with, the poke method works well in bed. I already have two great results in this regard - two sons! And now I have a granddaughter growing up! It's just lovely!

That's lyrical. In reality, you need to be conscious of what you are doing, even if you take ready-made software codes, you first need to understand what they do, how they work and how to connect them properly. And without knowing the basics of programming, I think, is difficult.

Regards, Vladimir.

That's all lyrics, you probably already have to think about "beautiful" and lofty thoughts... :-)
MrBrooklin:. then pass on your knowledge to others who are starting to program from scratch in a way that is accessible to ordinary people.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

This is pure nonsense - altruism is not what it is today, but it's not in vogue at all... THIS IS YOUR FANTASY.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Good intentions. I think so, if there's no 100% strategy, it's not worth wasting your time. The most beautiful code, but draining the account, is useless. If you have a strategy, order it on freelance, and that's it.
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Good intentions. I think so, if you don't have a 100% strategy, you shouldn't waste your time. The most beautiful code, but draining the account, is useless. If you have a strategy, order it on freelance and that's it.

For your part, you are right - why bake cakes when you can buy them in a shop? However, we are all different people and we all have different visions in terms of solving the same problem. I won't say anything about strategy in this topic, because it (the topic) was created for a completely different purpose, which was described in detail in my first post.

With respect, Vladimir.

Vladimir Simakov:

If there is a textbook on mql (Kuznetsov about other mql - straight to the bottom),

Kovalev Sergei))) why do you love him so much))))) And yes, I must have made a mistake earlier).

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Kovalev Sergei))) why do you love him so much))))) And yes, I must have been mistaken earlier)

Oops. Mistake came out))))

I've never read it, but it's about old mql4 and the new one has not been developed any more))).

Roman Shiredchenko:
That's all lyrics, maybe you should think about "fine" and lofty things... :-)

bullshit - a la altruism - not like today, but generally - not in vogue... THAT'S YOUR FANTASY.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.
  1. IfStephen William Hawking in 1963, on the advice of doctors, would have thought about eternal things, mankind may still not have known, for example, that black holes evaporate.
  2. But this is something everyone decides for himself. I am not altruist too, but it is delirium.
  3. And how do you want to be written in freelance? One and the same solution, you can make in the form of unreadable tripe, which is destined to live only in the tester, or you can make it as a scalable solution with a normal code. In the first case, the coder himself won't remember what he did there, in the second, even without documentation (sorry to pay for it everybody) another developer, with appropriate skills, will be able to add new features. And now a question. Where are the developers (not to be confused with coders) going to get here en masse without proper training? They won't come here from C++, they are well fed there anyway))).

Vladimir Simakov:
  1. HadStephen William Hawking in 1963, on the advice of doctors, reflected on eternal things, humanity may not have known, for example, that black holes evaporate until now.
  2. But this is something everyone decides for himself. I am not altruist too, but it is delirium.
  3. And how do you want to be written in freelance? One and the same solution, you can make in the form of unreadable tripe, which is destined to live only in the tester, or you can make it as a scalable solution with a normal code. In the first case, the coder himself won't remember what he did there, in the second, even without documentation (sorry to pay for it everybody) another developer, with appropriate skills, will be able to add new features. And now a question. Where are the developers (not to be confused with coders) going to get here en masse without proper training? They won't come here from C++, they are well fed there anyway))).

I'm just saying that when the grandchildren, it's a bit late to learn a language from scratch and moreover, that's for the GREAT money they've got to have fun traveling and not bothering ...

That's what freelancing is for, so that such characters there embodied their fantasies for not the GREAT money in the pros at the battle machines under their own GREAT money on their DEPs.

ALL IMHO!

Vladimir Simakov

developers (not to be confused with coder)

Good point))) These are different things and stages)

So!

I'll summarize the 8 pages of this topic:

1. The best way to start studying the MQL5 programming language is to study information (books, textbooks, articles, video tutorials, etc.) about the C++ programming language.
  2. The MQL5 and C++ programming languages should be supplemented with writing code (codes) in MetaEditor, for example, in the form of a script, and then watch the result of its execution.
  3. At this stage concentrate on studies as much as possible.

To which I shall begin! If dear participants of this thread would like to share my constructive suggestions, I kindly beg you to do it!

Sincerely, Vladimir.

To learn MQL from scratch, you should first fix 0 to something bigger.

For example, take some (universal from the main-stream) C# and with a lot of tutorials start making "useful things" for yourself - forms with calculations, for example.
You don't need to learn C++ because 1) most tutorial authors are interested in templates and meta-programming, not in practical tasks.
2)serious IT back-ground is required.

Once 0 is no longer zero, moving to applied MQL will be easy. It is simple.

In general, all it takes is desire and persistence.

Reason: