The evolution of the hamster. The transition to the exchange. - page 4

Speculation is the way to lose your deposit in the long run. If speculation is either forex or stock market, the strategy should have a TP ratio of two or preferably three stops of 3 to 1. Thus, even if you have 50% of profitable trades and 50% of losing trades you will be in the black.

Vitalii Ananev:
I think speculation is the way to plummet the deposit in the long run. If you speculate on forex, the strategy should provide a TP ratio equal to two or better three stoplosses 3 to 1. Thus, even if you have 50% of profitable trades and 50% of losing trades you will be in the black.

Thanks for the reply. You know, lately I usually throw to the deposit under the stop just. Only not -LOSS, but -AUT) This time I closed earlier, I repent.

I may have more profits there.

I'm waiting for the fall, but it does not go, or it goes, but without me. And then it goes to the overrun again, when I'm in shorts.

About the long term I agree that it's a failure. But I do not believe in stock investments either. I do not have enough knowledge, it is a hundred percent. Well, maybe I will get it, if not).

gobirzharf:

Thanks for the reply. You know, lately I usually throw to the deposit under the stop just. Only not -LOSS, but -AUT) This time I closed earlier, I repent.

I may have more profits there.

I'm waiting for the fall, but it does not go, or it goes, but without me. And then it goes to the overrun again, when I'm in shorts.

As for the long-term I agree that it's a failure. But I do not believe in stock investments either. I do not have enough knowledge, it is a hundred percent. I do not have enough knowledge.)

I do not need much knowledge to invest. You have to learn to read financial statements of companies-issuers. These reports have everything to assess the prospects for buying the shares of the company. Investments should be looked at for the long term, gradually building a portfolio that will continue to bring in passive income. If you speculate, make it a rule to keep records of profits and losses and note the results at the end of the year. Sometimes there are "fishy" months and sometimes there are no "fishy" months. If you earn zero at the end of the year, it's good, but sometimes you lose. I have been speculating on Forex market for a long time and once I collected all the statistics and reached a conclusion that it does not suit me. I made more profit with Moex than with Forex speculations and I didn't have to spend all day in front of the monitor. Having an investment horizon of more than 10 years I can look into the terminal once a quarter. At the time when we were attacked by the crown virus the market crashed heavily and I looked into the terminal more frequently, because I had free cash and I bought everything that crashed heavily. When investing, you do not have to put a stop loss. If they don't have enough money, they should be able to buy with their own money. For example, we have a share with a price of 200 roubles. The dividend amounts to 10 roubles. 10 divided by 200 and multiplied by 100% gives you 5% dividend yield. If you buy the same share at 100 RUB, your dividend yield will be 10%. It is with stocks that the rule of buy cheap sell high works. It means that if you buy a share with the expectation of growth of its value, you should buy shares of a company, which the market evaluates cheaper than their real value. In forex if you follow that rule you will only make a loss. To judge the real value of a company, you have to read its financial statements :)

Vitalii Ananev:

You don't need a lot of knowledge to invest. You have to learn how to read the financial statements of the issuing companies. These reports have everything you need to assess the prospects of buying shares in that company. Investments should first be looked at for the long term, gradually building a portfolio that will then bring in a passive inflow of money. If you speculate, make it a rule to keep records of profits and losses and note the results at the end of the year. Sometimes there are "fishy" months and sometimes there are no "fishy" months. If you earn zero at the end of the year, it's good, but sometimes you lose. I have been speculating on Forex market for a long time and once I collected all the statistics and reached a conclusion that it does not suit me. I made more profit with Moex than with Forex speculations and I didn't have to spend all day in front of the monitor. Having an investment horizon of more than 10 years I can look into the terminal once a quarter. At the time when we were attacked by the crown virus the market crashed heavily and I looked into the terminal more frequently, because I had free cash and I bought everything that crashed heavily. When investing, you do not have to put a stop loss. If they don't have enough money, they should be able to buy with their own money. For example, we have a share with a price of 200 roubles. The dividend amounts to 10 roubles. 10 divided by 200 and multiplied by 100% gives you 5% dividend yield. If you buy the same share at 100 RUB, your dividend yield will be 10%. It is with stocks that the rule of buy cheap sell high works. It means that if you buy a share with the expectation of growth of its value, you should buy shares of a company, which the market evaluates cheaper than their real value. In forex if you follow that rule you will only make a loss. And to estimate the real value of the company, you have to read its financial statements :)

I understand that, but that's the thing. Financial statements are one thing, but what's really there and how the company is doing, I don't know. Probably one has to have a great experience in it to "look through" the statements. Although, there is only one pie, not enough for all).

It seems banal, but so it is, sort of.

Or maybe you're wrong: you've made a portfolio and it's gone down by 30 percent and that's it. And the company stops paying you dividends, or several companies stop paying you. So you find yourself in the red.

You invest through somebody who is a mega smart guy and has got his "ears" and other places to put together a portfolio.) He has no risks. Only commissions and other bonuses.

gobirzharf:

I understand that, but such is the case. Financial statements are one thing, but what is really buried there and how the company is doing, I don't know. Probably one has to have a wild experience in it to "look through" the accounts) Or somehow hang out in those circles. Although, there is only one pie, not enough for all).

It seems banal, but so it is, sort of.

Or maybe you're wrong: you've made a portfolio and it's gone down by 30 percent and that's it. And the company stops paying you dividends, or several companies stop paying you. So you find yourself in the red.

You invest through somebody who is a mega smart guy and has got his "ears" and other places to put together a portfolio.) He has no risks. Only commissions and other bonuses.

You see in the reports how a company is doing whether they are making a profit or not. All public company reports are reviewed by independent auditors. To have "ears", as you say, means to have insider information. If it is not available then only public statements. I started investing without any trading terminal, I only watched the statements and charts on the Moex website (they are published there with a 15 minute delay) and I bought shares just through the personal account of the broker, where there was nothing but the current price and the cup.

In order to make the drawdown not very noticeable I used diversification. It's true, it doesn't help much in the case of the global market decline during the crisis. But the markets are cyclic, after the fall there usually is a recovery. The recovery may take a long time, or it may take a long time and then everything will come back quickly (like after Coronavirus crisis). That's why you should invest for the long term, because the market grows in the long term. If there is no global crisis, the fall of a single company's stock should not affect the total value of the portfolio. The company may not pay dividends if it has nothing to pay (no profit) and this can all be seen in the reports. If it is noticed in time, it may be possible to sell such shares before the main mass begins to sell them. Besides, again if the portfolio is diversified, non-payment of dividends to separately taken company won't strongly influence total dividend yield of the portfolio as a whole.

I'm not trying to agitate you. In any case, start by reading some books on the subject.

Vitalii Ananev:
The strategy should have a take profit ratio of two or better three stops of 3 to 1. Thus, even if you have a 50% of profitable trades and 50% of losing trades you will eventually be in the black.
I have to disappoint you, but in general the ratio of TP/SL does not statistically affect the final result.
By increasing it, you respectively decrease the ratio of profit/loss trades.

gobirzharf:

Well, yes, zero) I agree. And there's not much faith left. After several thousand (probably thousands) drained accounts of various sizes.

Fortunately I had enough strength not to die, have a job, what to drain have and where to get).

I don't know. Some kind of deadlock in trading.

I asked you if you have a profitable strategy. And you didn't answer it. Until there is no strategy, there is no point in trading either Forex or the stock market.

khorosh:

It was not for nothing that I asked if you had a profitable strategy. And you didn't answer it. Until you have a strategy, there is no point in trading either forex or the stock market.

You need balls of steel. And faith in your position. Then you can make a fortune.

And then exchange it for any currency in an exchanger, that's what Forex is made for.

gobirzharf:

It takes balls of steel. And faith in your position. Then you can make a fortune.

And then exchange it for any currency in an exchanger, that's what Forex is made for.

In that case, keep on believing and losing deposits.)

khorosh:

In that case, keep on believing and draining deposits).

Yes, you're right, while I'm at it) Well, I need to be quiet and listen to you.

You are talking about spot forex strategy, am I reading you right?

Reason: