Stop Loss doesn't work any more - to lose is to lose. - page 5

Aleksey Vyazmikin:
It seems to me that Sell Limit should have a sign - it is aimed at closing a position or opening a new one, if there is one, then when you close a position at stop loss or take profit, such a counter limit order with the sign should be removed from the market.

Actually, StopLoss has always malfunctioned in the stock market and there have always been problems with GO.

If the free margin went into deficit you could not close the position.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/96592

Накой нужен стоп лосс?
Накой нужен стоп лосс?
  • www.mql5.com
Не срабатывает стоп лосс на бирже...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Do you even read carefully - understand the difference between market orders and limit orders, do you? In the response they indicate that they wanted to place another limit order to process a stop loss, so it is not clear why they decided to do this - why they decided not to close on the market.

Where is the second order type written? Don't forget that before a trade takes place an order is placed.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Actually, StopLoss has always malfunctioned in the stock market and there have always been problems with GO.

If the free margin is negative you cannot close the position.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/96592

That's what I'm talking about, my margin is still positive!

And they believe that there is zero margin on the Sell limit, but the Stop Loss is perceived as a sale on the market with an increased margin - hence the lack of funds. In fact, there will not be this lack of funds in any event.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

That's what I'm talking about: my margin is still in surplus!

And they believe that there is zero margin on the Sell Limit, but the Stop Loss is perceived as a sell on the market with an increased margin - hence the shortage of funds. In fact, this lack of funds in any event.

Read the rules of the exchange. And write here how many contracts were opened, how much money was left and how much margin is needed to open a counter market order with the same volume.

This is necessary not only for you but also for other traders in the same situation...

Dmitiry Ananiev:

Where is the second order type written? Don't forget that before a trade is executed an order is placed.

And in what place are you looking? You need to know what type of order the Stop Loss refers to - I do not understand the question.

I understand that on the exchange, there will be two orders at a time, and maybe this is the lack of margin, and this is the rules of the exchange. And then we need to understand the formula, according to the idea margin should be calculated in one formula: Margin_Open_Position-Margin_Open_Position+Margin_Other_Positions and it is logical that the margin on the closing should pass to the order executed in the market, and margin for other positions switch to a Sell Limit, but it has not happened - this is the problem.

The question is why I was not informed about the risk of the margin shortage when I placed the Stop Loss? I was not informed of the fact of margin shortage, either by phone or through the terminal.

Dmitiry Ananiev:

Read the rules of the exchange. And write here how many contracts were opened, how much money was left and how much margin you need to open a counter market order with the same volume.

This is necessary not only for you but also for other traders in the same situation...

See the post above.

If there is no desire to muddy the waters and you consider yourself competent in the matter, then give references to the rules of the exchange, with a specific clause where this situation is reproduced.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Where are you looking? You want information on what type of order Stop Loss refers to - I don't understand the question.

I understand that there will be two orders at one time on the exchange, and maybe this is why there is a lack of margin, and this is the rules of the exchange. And then we need to understand the formula, according to the idea margin should be calculated in one formula: Margin_Open_Position-Margin_Open_Position+Margin_Other_Positions and it is logical that the margin on the closing should pass to the order executed in the market, and margin for other positions switch to a Sell Limit, but it has not happened - this is the problem.

The question is why I was not informed about the risk of the margin shortage when I placed the Stop Loss? I was not informed about the fact of margin shortage, either by phone or through the terminal.

1. look for an explanation. In the broker's reply. What makes you think that your Stop Loss was placed by limit order?

2. What makes you think the margin should go anywhere?

3. Did you sign a regulation or contract that says what the broker must or must not do. What makes you think you should be informed about a margin shortage ?

4. Even if you were supposed to be informed and were not, what then? Are you going to sue them? This does not make much sense. Even if you can prove with documents that the order should have closed and you will not be re-closed at the posted price - what will you do?

Believe me, fighting with a broker even for 1 mio money (rubles or dollars) is not that easy. You will have to prove through the courts that you are right. And no regulator will help you. Worse, even if you win in court, you may still not receive compensation.

Dmitiry Ananiev:

1. look in the explanation. In the broker's response. What makes you think your stoploss was placed by a limit order?

2. What makes you think the margin should go anywhere?

3. Did you sign a regulation or an agreement stating what the broker must or must not do. What makes you think you should be informed about a margin shortage ?

4. Even if you were supposed to be informed and were not, what then? Are you going to sue them? This does not make much sense. Even if you can prove with documents that the order should have closed, and it will not be re-closed at the posted price - what will you do?

Believe me, fighting with a broker even for 1 mio money (rubles or dollars) is not that easy. You will have to prove through the courts that you are right. And no regulator will help you. Worse, even if you win the court, you may not receive compensation.

1. "when placing another order" - perhaps this is their terminology, and "placing" in their understanding is not placing an order in the betting window, but making a market transaction (sending an order to that effect in the betting order).

2. I am making a logical conjecture, based on past experience (for a close on SL it is always sufficient margin, if there was an opening on the limit order and there was no opportunity to open on the market, and therefore the margin is not increased at this time, not zvadivaetsya). If the order attribute (counter or regular) does not change and is constant, then the broker's system should not allow limit orders to open once the SL is set. But in fact this check does not take place and takes place when the price crosses the SL. In general, justify why the margin may not be enough, after the events in the stack - I do not imagine such a situation, their planned figure is not correct.

3. An affiliation agreement was signed, I think so. In fact, they always SMS about margin shortage, or when waiting for options to expire. Have to look at the regulations, but I think this information is there, they wouldn't do it for nothing for other situations.

4. The first thing this situation has to be understood and taken into account by the community, so that it can be taken into account in trading strategies. It is possible to sue if there is justification. Believe me, I have positive experience of litigation with far more substantial entities than the broker - I would be interested.

There is a frequency with which bids are matched, and even assuming that there is not enough margin in the matting process, there is enough margin at the end of the process and at the beginning of the process.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

1. "When placing another order" - this may be their terminology and "placing" is not placing an order in the market cup, but rather performing a market transaction (sending an order to do so).

You should familiarise yourself with the commonly used terminology and the mechanism of performing trades.
In order to execute a trade, an order (Market Order) is sent to open a trade on the market. So this order requires a CS. That is why the trade was not executed.

In this case you will not see the market order in the market cup.

Reason: