Asynchronous and multi-threaded programming in MQL - page 38

Andrey Barinov:

Even if it's a million cells. If you can see a maximum of 1000 of them on the screen, why update/draw everything?

This was a stress test of the capabilities of my tables. (Everybody's monitors are different).

Реter Konow:
This was a stress test of the capabilities of my tables.

This does not remove the issue. If the cells are not visible on the screen, they do not need to be touched/calculated/drawn. The same applies to other graphical objects.

Andrey Barinov:

This does not remove the issue. If the cells are not visible on the screen, they do not need to be touched/calculated/drawn. The same applies to other graphical objects.

Stress test. Should have tested the redrawing speed at this size of the visible area.

Реter Konow:
Stress test.

I still don't understand the point. There is a canvas. Its size is limited by the size of the monitor (in pixels). What does it matter what happens on it? You have to draw a constant number of pixels. And you can show movies or draw tables or whatever.

Andrey Barinov:

I still don't understand the point. There is a canvas. Its size is limited to the size of the monitor (in pixels). What does it matter what happens on it? You have to draw a constant number of pixels. And you can show movies or draw tables or whatever.

Okay. Let me explain. For example, this table is placed in a limited field of view smaller than the size of the graph. All values in the table change at a rate of 100ms. Suppose we redraw only the visible area of the canvas. Suddenly the user starts scrolling the canvas. In this case, the unpainted cells will show the old, unchanged values. Are they to be redrawn while scrolling? Then scrolling will be very slow.

Реter Konow:

And I've been waiting for an article on connecting Sharp tables for a long time. (Only you won't get my level of connectivity easily, take my word for it. :))

"You just don't understand capabilities of Microsoft compilers, huge amount of ready-made packages (libraries) written in C++ or C# and again you are talking about difficulties...

I showed you how to "throw" a C# form into a separate thread in WinFormshttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/303283#comment_10600035 in 2 clicks.

What kind of difficulties are we talking about?

Ok, I'm being silly, I'm proving that round is not square, don't forget to tell the argument about distribution through Macrket again, by the way you have a breakthrough! - You are already in KB! Is it just a matter of time before the next Market? ;)

Andrey Barinov:

That doesn't remove the question. If the cells are not visible on the screen, they don't need to be touched / counted / drawn. The same applies to other graphical objects.

unfortunately he has his own approach to the graphics, there is the same topiary by Peter, here in KB even with the sources, he recently posted his table, if interested try to understand the logic of the author, I'm not engaged, looked selectively, realized that all I can evaluate is the weight of the sources, if memory serves me correctly - 3 MB of text ;)

Igor Makanu:

" You just don't understand the capabilities of Microsoft compilers, huge number of ready-made packages (libraries) written in C++ or C# and again you are talking about difficulties...

I showed you how to "throw" a C# form into a separate thread in WinFormshttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/303283#comment_10600035 in 2 clicks.

What kind of difficulties are we talking about?

Ok, I'm being silly, I'm proving that round is not square, don't forget to tell the story about distribution through Macrket again, you have a breakthrough by the way! - You are already in KB! Is it just a matter of time before the next Market? ;)

1. I can imagine, that's why I'm developing in MQL. There's nothing to do there now. I'm too late. I have to build a new one. For me the only remaining global area is AI. But that will come later.

2. You don't understand the specifics of the issue of connecting to an external GUI. In the issue of efficiency and ease of connection, it's not the Sharp's capabilities that matter, it's the ease of using them inanother development environment. In a different application. In a different language. A native connection is by definition better if it is done with care.

Реter Konow:

Native wiring is, by definition, better if it is done with care.

better than what? - specific values, numbers?

the only thing that makes sense is sales in the Market. you already know this from my experience in writing on the forums (for a hundred codes written, only 3 graphics jobs and I myself pushed the customers - I was interested in the capabilities of MQL-SB)

When you reach 100 sales of your product, you'll get better figures and we'll see what the BEST word is.

;)

Реter Konow:
Okay. Let me explain. For example, this table is placed in a limited field of view smaller than the size of the chart. All values in the table change with 100 ms frequency. Suppose we redraw only the visible area of the canvas. Suddenly the user starts scrolling the canvas. In this case, the unpainted cells will show the old, unchanged values. Are they to be redrawn while scrolling? Then scrolling will be very slow.

With 1000 rows, no one will scroll through them. You have to offer other solutions to this problem. You need to make filters and search etc., then only the required rows will be shown.

This is, of course, if you make GUIs for people, not for the sake of GUIs.

What can be found in a table of 1000 rows with the help of scrolling? What task is solved?

P.S. Offtopic again...

Andrey Barinov:

What can be found by eye in a table of 1000 rows by scrolling?

If there is conditional formatting and sorting, you can find areas of minimum/maximum values for several parameters at once.

Offtopic, of course. Peter doesn't lose his knack for getting to the heart of the matter )

Reason: