Without open interest it's not a terminal, it's an ostrich compared to QuickBooks ! - page 2

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I too think that TU-104 is the fastest plane MT5 is the best terminal. And all the talk about some Quik and its merits on the MQ website, whose main task is to advertise MT5 and the MQL language, is unacceptable. And the topic itself is subject to immediate deletion, and its author to be banned for thinking what he says.

But in general, Quik for stock exchange is more suitable than MT5. Sorry. But Quik also has plenty of disadvantages.

I guess it's because you like to "dance with tambourines" programming for Quik :)

prostotrader:

It must be because you like to "dance with tambourines" when programming for KVIC :)

What kind of dancing? Lua is quite a common language, which also has a full-fledged C-API with callback functions. Indicators and TS are written in Lua similar to MQL - no significant differences. The performance of Lua, or Lua + C++ is quite enough for everything. I'm not sure why you need the speed of FIX or Plaza, what you are going to do with it and what benefits you are going to get.

In terms of programming, I don't see any significant difference between MT and Quick. Except for the presence of C-API in Quick, which greatly facilitates the use/connection of external software, compared to MT.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

What kind of dancing? Lua is quite an ordinary language, which also has a full-fledged C-API with callback functions. Indicators and TS are written in Lua similar to MQL - no significant differences. The performance of Lua, or Lua + C++ is quite enough for everything. I'm not sure why you need the speed of FIX or Plaza, what you are going to do with it and what benefits you are going to get.

In terms of programming, I don't see any significant difference between MT and Quick. Except for the presence of C-API in Quick, which greatly facilitates the use/connection of external software, compared to MT.

Yuri, what are you so uptight about, it's a joke (there's a ":)" at the end of the sentence)

QUICK, compared to MT5 (in terms of speed) is just AWFUL.

In MT5 on FORTS (if it's not glitched in the morning) - 6-7ms from home,

Whereas KVIK is always 150-250 ms from the same computer!

prostotrader:

Yuri, why are you getting so worked up, it's a joke (there's a ":)" at the end of the sentence)

I'm not. I just briefly stated my view on MQL and Lua. Maybe really didn't get that "dancing with tambourine" is a joke, as there's no dancing at all.

prostotrader:

QUICK, compared to MT5 (in terms of speed) is just AWFUL.

In MT5 on FORTS (if not glitched in the morning) - 6-7 ms from home,

whereas KVIK is always 150-250 ms from the same computer!

In terms of speed, if you compare, yes, maybe. But that speed is enough for everything, including intraday.

I don't glitch for some reason. Maybe you have subscribed to all of them? And there are thousands of tools - unsubscribe, and leave what you really need.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I did not strain myself. Just briefly laid out my view on the MQL and Lua languages. Maybe you really don't understand that "dancing with tambourines" is a joke, because there is no dancing at all.

For me I don't need terminals, only connectors, and I don't care which language to use (for me personally) :) )

prostotrader:

For me, I don't need terminals at all, only connectors, while software (robots) should be written my own and I don't care (for me personally) in what language (even in Russian :) )

Yes, that's right. But it's for machines.

If I do it by hand, it's better to have a terminal - it's more convenient, and it needs auxiliary software for analysis.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I didn't strain myself. Just briefly laid out my view on the MQL and Lua languages. Maybe you really didn't get that "dancing with tambourine" is a joke, as there's no dancing in mind.

In terms of speed, if you compare, yes, maybe. But that speed is enough for everything, including intraday.

I do not glitch for some reason. Maybe you have subscribed to all of them? And there are thousands of tools - unsubscribe, and leave what you really need.

If I've tried to trade some symbols but I haven't noticed any signs of them, I've calibrated them and they keep messing up.

But lately it's gotten better (maybe because of holidays :) )

prostotrader:

No, not because of the number of instruments, but the MT5 servers are glitchy during the morning load (sometimes after the daytime clearing), when sending orders.

But lately it's gotten better (maybe because of holidays :) )

It's funny. Above write:

QUICK, compared to MT5 (in terms of speed) is just LESS.

In MT5 on FORTS (if it's not glitchy in the morning) - 6-7ms from home,

whereas KVIK is always 150-250 ms from the same computer!

Well, that is, MT5 servers glitch well enough that the speed is 6-7 ms from home. And QuickKey does not glitch, but its speed is 150-250 ms from the same place.

I do not understand what is the glitch of MT5 in terms of speed compared to Quicksilver?

Delete the subject is just advertising!!! I don't even know what kind of quickie this is? First time I've heard of it!!!

prostotrader:

In my opinion, terminals are not needed at all, only connectors, while software (robots) should be written in your own language and I don't care (for me personally) in what language (even in Russian :) )

By the way. Do you use databases in your systems, which are through the connector?

I have for a long time. It's very convenient not to invent any structures, etc., and immediately store all the information is already organized in a database on disk. And it's fast. The latest version provides ~10MB/s access and write/read 5ms (for 1000 number double), and will be faster on a better computer. This is SQLite - still experimenting. Using a different database for TC for now, but thinking of switching to SQLite.

Reason: