The most banal trading strategy - page 7

Boris Gulikov:
+++

"simple" rings - (built on a single triangle) - do not exist.

"complex" rings - if, as I wrote above, you present a dozen or two successive representations of a single trade as an equivalent set of (a dozen or two) trades on other pairs - incalculable sets are conceivable. You just don't realise what trillions of trillions of possible combinations arise. Naturally, some of them have an aggregate positive swap, it cannot be otherwise.

This maths is trivial, any nerd could have understood it before.

a/v = a/c * c/v from which d(a/v)/(a/v)=d(a/c )/(a/c ) + d( c/v)/( c/v);

You give specific pairs of rings with total positive swap.

Well, if you don't use a triangle, then give a specific combination (let's say a 5-corner, 4, etc. you can think of a lot of things); such-and-such currencies, such-and-such lots, these currencies for buy, and these for sell.

Aleksey Ivanov:

a/v = a/c * c/v from which d(a/v)/(a/v)=d(a/c )/(a/c ) + d( c/v)/( c/v);

What you wrote is not true.

Let's make it simple. Here you have EURGBP. You open a trade with a volume of 1 lot in buy. Try to write the second part of the equation. Through X*(EURUSD buy) + Y*(GBPUSD sell), where X and Y are trade volumes.

I'm sure you won't be able to do it. And you would be able to, if your formula (like the one you cited above) made any sense. You don't even realize that the EURGBP trade result is not at all a differential of EURGBP (not delta(EURGBP), let's label it that way), if you write the differentials in the right part of the equation (like X*delta(EURUSD) - Y*delta(GBPUSD)). That is, even the equation delta(EURGBP) = X*delta(EURUSD) - Y*delta(GBPUSD) is incorrect, there is also a coefficient, and it is already changing in time (as opposed to X and Y coefficients).

mikhael1983isakov:

"simple" rings - (built on a single triangle) - do not exist.

"complex" rings - if, as I wrote above, you present a dozen or two successive representations of one trade as an equivalent set of (a dozen or two) trades on other pairs - incalculable sets are conceivable. You just don't realise what trillions of trillions of possible combinations arise. Naturally, some of them have an aggregate positive swap, it cannot be otherwise.

Knowing the pricing and swap formation procedure I can tell you that it cannot, but you do. maybe I am wrong.

mikhael1983isakov:

What you wrote is not true. ???????????

Let's make it simple. Here's the EURGBP. You open a trade with a volume of 1 lot in buy. Try to write the second part of the equation. Through X*(EURUSD buy) + Y*(GBPUSD sell), where X and Y are trade volumes.

I'm sure you won't be able to do it. And you would be able to, if your formula (which you cited above) made any sense at all.

Don't argue with the physicist theorist, son, everything is correct here. If you don't understand shit, this conversation is over.

/.For EGs I explain that d is the sign of the differential.

Aleksey Ivanov:
Do not argue with the physicist theorist, my son, everything is correct. If you do not understand shit, then we are done talking.

/For EG-clients I should clarify that d is the sign of the differential.

I'm a physicist myself. So no need to blather on. For the E.S. students I explain that the differential can be denoted as you like, to be more visually noticeable, it is preferable to write delta(EURUSD), rather than dEURUSD, in this forum form.

However, theoretical physicist, for some reason you refuse to write the equation. I ask you: Z*delta(EURGBP) = X*delta(EURUSD) - Y*delta(GBPUSD), please, tell me X, Y, Z. If you cannot, then you are not a theorist, but a vocational student.

mikhael1983isakov:
I'm a physicist myself. So don't blather on. For those who want to study at school I should clarify that you can call the differential any way you like, to make it visually clearer, it's better to write delta(EURUSD), rather than dEURUSD in this forum form.

You're not a physicist - you're a putz. Give me the combination.

Z=1/EURGBP, X=1/(EURUSD), Y=1/(GBPUSD),

Aleksey Ivanov:
You're not a physicist - you're a putz. Give me the combination.

I didn't promise to give you the combinations.

I already almost wrote you the equation for one triangle; having understood the physical meaning of coefficients X, Y (constant) and Z (variable), you could proliferate nested triangles to infinity, forming any rings.

mikhael1983isakov:
You admit that you do not understand enough mathematics to express e.g. buy on EURGBP through buy EURUSD and sell GBPUSD ? I find that hard to believe. It's more likely that you are just lazy.

OK, write the pairs, even without positive swap, I will send you the result from the tester

Reason: