What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 7

Andrey Kolmogorov:

In the current position there will never be a switch from MT4 to MT5:)

A huge amount of code is written and used under MT4, plus the ease of operation and habit.

The transition is possible only with full compatibility of the code written for MT4 and MT5 in a new version of the terminal, for example in version 6. And the gradual unification of the code.

What if we create a special translator of the code from MQL4 into MQL5?

I think it is technically possible... (Anyway, we can think about it).

Реter Konow:

I see. Decent documentation on MT5 libraries.

Necessary, but not sufficient.

Andrey Kolmogorov:

There will never be a switch from MT4 to MT5 in the current position:)

A huge amount of code is written and used under MT4, plus the ease of operation and habit.

The transition is possible only with full compatibility of the code written for MT4 and MT5 in a new version of the terminal, for example in version 6. And a gradual unification of the code.

In general, I accept it as "code unification".

ZS. I will make a list of all opinions later.

Реter Konow:

How about making a special code translator from MQL4 to MQL5?

I think it's technically possible... (At least, you can think about it).

Any solution that allows to use code written for MT4 in MT5 environment will do.

Andrey Kolmogorov:

Any solution that allows the use of code written for MT4 in an MT5 environment will do.

I see. A solution that allows the use of MQL4 code in an MT5 environment.

The answer is very simple.
Give us a normal MT5?
MT5, super, but one drawback, new release, new problems.

MT5, for so many years now, is a beta terminal :(

Compared to MT4, which has been a working tank (T-3-4) for so many years :)

jdjahfkahjf:
Give us a normal MT5?

Compared to MT4, which is already so many years, the working tank.

So I have to conclude that you suggest to stop the development of MT5, because then it will not be an eternal "beta".

Or are you suggesting something else?

jdjahfkahjf:
Give us a normal MT5?

Compared to MT4, which has been for so many years, a working tank (T-3-4) :)

I take this opinion as: "Give normal MT5, and stop the releases to stop the flood of new problems." thanks.

Реter Konow:

Thank you.

Gerne, de rien, di niente, de nada.

It seems to me that it's not about terminals at all.

If the statistics shows that 95% of them lose money and leave, then every year the greatest number of naive people are renewed, which means that every time these people have to choose a platform. This is why we started to check if there is a real trading robot on the MT4 and we started to change this trading robot at the beginning of every year.

That's why MT4 is not the user's choice but the brokerage company's choice. That's why MT4 is not user's choice, but the choice of brokerage companies.

And there are a lot of examples of using MT4, different articles, blogs, video clips - so history is working and user chooses the program about which he gets more information.

It is unlikely that the average user knows about all the features of MT4 and MT5 and therefore is not able to make an informed conclusion - it is the external background that decides.

Reason: