Selection criteria in the Marketplace - page 6

Georgiy Merts:

Interesting, interesting. How is it that they don't add up?

Again, the balance may be negative, but if the funds are positive, then no pyramid bubbles. This can easily happen when trading with hedging. If we open a counter position, one went to profit and the other went to loss, say, the initial amount is 10, on one +20 and on the other -25 (taking into account the spread), therefore the balance is +10 and Equity is +5. If we close now, our Equity and balance will be +5.

Suppose, we have guessed the trend, close a losing position and have a balance of -15 and +20 on the open position with Equity still +5. And after some time we have +50 on the open position and Equity is +35. Our balance is still -15. If we can close, both curves will converge to +35.

Where is the "bubble or pyramid" here?

I have tried many tests and always if any of the lines is below the initial deposit it is bad. I think the developers did not divide the lines in this way for nothing

Vladimir Baskakov:
I've tried many tests and it's always bad if one of the lines is below the initial deposit. I think the developers did not do it for nothing.

What do the developers have to do with it?

If the Equity is below the initial deposit, it is certainly bad. But the balance is totally irrelevant. Show me any chart where Equity is constantly increasing and the balance is below the initial value - I'm sure it will be a good trade.

Georgiy Merts:

What do the developers have to do with it?

Both balance and Equity are entirely the result of the TS! If Equity is lower than the initial deposit, that's bad, of course. But the balance is totally irrelevant. Show me any chart, where Equity is constantly increasing, and the balance - below the initial value - I am sure it will be a good trade.

Maybe that's why they separated the two values, to differentiate between bubbles where funds are pumped in and the end result is a flop.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Maybe that's why they separated the two values, to distinguish between bubbles where funds are pumped in and the end result is a flop.

How can it be a "bubble" if the equity is higher than the starting point?) When all the trades are closed, the "balance" will simply pull up, so the result will be positive.

Vasiliy Kolesov:

What kind of "flop" is it if the equity is higher than the starting point?) When all trades are closed, the "balance" will simply pull up, so the result will be plus.

Well, if it does, you can rest assured). The main thing is that it will be the same in half a year or a year).

Vasiliy Kolesov:

What kind of "flop" is it if the equity is higher than the starting point?) When all trades are closed, the "balance" will simply pull up, so the result will be plus.

Well, if it does, you can rest assured). The main thing is that it will be the same in half a year or a year).

Vladimir Baskakov:
Maybe that's why they separated the two values, to differentiate between bubbles where funds are pumped in, and the end result is a flop.

It's not.

The balance sheet is an account of closed trades. Equity is an account of total funds, both for closed and open trades.

What "bubbles"? They are just different "accounting cuts". And, let's say, in order to determine "overshooting" - it's just very handy to compare the balance sheet chart and the Equity chart. But, for the purposes of your own TS - this is not necessary. You know perfectly well whether your TS has overexposure or not. Accordingly, the whole point of the balance line is lost.

Another thing, as I mentioned above, if the Equity graph is unavailable, or it is very difficult to calculate it (as I have in TS League) - then, yes, we're happy with our wealth. You have to use the balance. But that's just the way out...

All this talk about "bubbles" and "bubbles" is from the "DC chasing my stops on a cent account" series... Nonsense.

Georgiy Merts:

It's not.

The balance sheet is an account of closed trades. Equity is an account of total funds, both for closed and open trades.

What "bubbles"? They are just different "accounting cuts". And, let's say, in order to determine "overshooting" - it's just very handy to compare the balance sheet chart and the Equity chart. But, for the purposes of your own TS - this is not necessary. You know perfectly well whether your TS has overexposure or not. Accordingly, the whole point of the balance line is lost.

Another thing, as I mentioned above, if the Equity graph is unavailable, or it is very difficult to calculate it (as I have in TS League) - then, yes, we are welcome. You have to use the balance. But that's just a way out...

All this talk about "bubbles" and "bubbles" - it's like "brokerage firm is chasing my stops on my cent account"... Nonsense.

What I meant was to check the stability of the TS built into the robot over a long period of time. Visually it is well visible on the chart. I don't have any complaints about the trading robot

Vladimir Baskakov:
The main thing is that after six months the market will start trading.) The main thing is that after half a year or a year he will do the same).

What difference does it make half a year or a year? ComradeGeorgiy Merts, in my opinion, makes it very clear that balance does not matter. Only Equity. Equity is a parameter that determines the amount of funds in your account at the moment (any, even a year ago, even a year in advance), if you close all trades at that moment, the equity equals the balance. If the equity is higher than the balance, the balance will increase, if the equity is lower, it will decrease. In any case, after closing all trades, the balance will reach equity (not vice versa). this is AZBUKA ... Matura.... In my personal opinion, if you don't understand such simple things, you should just study the professional literature and never try to trade using robots or your own hands.

Vasiliy Kolesov:

What difference does it make half a year or a year? ComradeGeorgiy Merts, in my opinion, makes it very clear that balance does not matter. Only Equity. Equity is a parameter that determines the amount of funds in your account at the moment (any, even a year ago, even a year in advance), if you close all trades at that moment, the equity equals the balance. If the equity is higher than the balance, the balance will increase, if the equity is lower, it will decrease. In any case, after closing all trades, the balance will reach equity (not vice versa). this is AZBUKA ... Matura.... In my personal opinion, if you don't understand such simple things, you should just study the professional literature and never try to trade using robots or your own hands.

You just don't understand what a robot is. As I said before, you turn it on and forget about it, a year later you withdraw your money. And you told me about manual trading. When equity is higher than the starting amount and the balance is lower it's a losing trade. Both balance and funds should go up
Reason: