Trend indicators for EAs. - page 3

Aleksey Ivanov:
Profits are different (or even losses).

A real trend lasts for weeks and/or months, within this global trend, there are micro, mini, intraday and other trends, which coincide or do not coincide with the global trend, you do not need to pay attention to them - the global trend will push them all away, just in the wrong moment.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Quite right, you and I, independently of each other, have come to the same conclusion.

Then it is not clear where I am wrong :)

khorosh:

I don't use trendlines. It is always possible to set the threshold at which a zigzag reversal occurs, such that a break of its knee in 90 cases out of 100 results in a change of trend direction, and hence the emergence of a new trend.

The zig-zag is only capable of detecting micro and mini-trends, it is not capable of more by definition.

Aleksey Ivanov:
We are talking about a probability greater than 0.5, i.e. some degree of certainty, not absolute certainty, which is nowhere to be found. The turkeys are better to discuss.

Then it's the most common mouvement. Correctly stated above.

You need a "scale" - it's easier that way. We take the distance from the current price to the muving, and divide by the ATR (of the same period as the muving) - we get the value from -1 to +1 (most often it will be from -0.5 to +0.5), just as we wanted.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Then it is not clear where I am wrong :)

That you deny the existence of indicators that determine global trends, with a 70-80 per cent probability.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

The Zig-Zag is only capable of identifying micro and mini-trends; it is not capable of more than that by definition.

Any trend. It all depends on what threshold we set in the parameters.

Georgiy Merts:

Then it's the most common mouvement. Correctly stated above.

You need a "scale" - it's easier that way. We take the distance from the current price to the muving, and divide by the ATR (of the same period as the muving) - we get the value from -1 to +1 (most often it will be from -0.5 to +0.5), just as we wanted.

Understand, the mouwing is in no way related to the market, it is a property of any numerical series, so it predicts 50/50. You see the success, but you try not to notice the failures.

Georgiy Merts:

Indeed, a strange request - confidently determining the trend. Yes, if someone could confidently identify it - he would have taken all the money in the world long ago.

Most traders think of an indicator as analogous to a strategy.

But an indicator is just a tool you need to know how to use..., but not a strategy...

If a trader understands this obvious truth, it will be easy and smooth for him to build a strategy...

P.S. The best indicator ...?

khorosh:

Any kind. It all depends on what threshold we set in the parameters.

Then why hasn't the zig-zag become one for most traders?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

The Zig-Zag is only capable of identifying micro and mini-trends; by definition, it is incapable of doing more than that.

It is obvious that you are not a programmer and do not understand anything about it.

It makes no difference to the program whether it is a micro or macro trend.

Reason: