After studying MQL5, how realistic it is to participate in Freelance. - page 4

Georgiy Merts:

If only it were "permanent"...

Freelancing is a little dense and a little empty.

It just seems that over there, there's a pile of orders, now I'll fulfill them and the money will flow... Right now... Alexei correctly noted "stress from customers. That's why I don't even look at freelance programming. I prefer tutoring.

Yes, the main problem - the customers with the mentality of "if it's clear to me, so it's clear to others, too. And also "no need to write TOR, I'll explain in half an hour all in words!!!". And long convince him that words do not take anything I do not perceive, that the reading is up to 5-6 orders at once and need to have a written TOR for his own benefit, the customer.

However, it has already been discussed 1000 times here. But all this is very confusing. Why I dream to go away from freelancing in any form, but so far the purse does not allow)).

Igor Makanu:

Basically, yes,

Look at the order statistics - all sorts of "rubbish" like grid-advisor and stochastic EA get 15-25 responses from programmers, making your first job there is more like a lottery, the chances are minimal

To make a complex job, you need to be in the "mql theme" all the time - otherwise, the quality of your programs will be so-so, not to mention the speed of writing code and fixing bugs.

Make a super complex job - here, alas, it is a matter of your talents, these tasks are usually related to mathematical skills, with knowledge of Windows programming, knowledge of third-party trading platforms and all sorts of non-standard tasks.

And there's at most a dozen of them a year.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

And there are at most a dozen such tasks a year

I've been looking into freelancing since January, with at least one task a week to communicate with third-party platforms

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, the main trouble - the customers with the mentality of "if it's clear to me, then the rest too". And also "no need to write the TOR, I'll explain in half an hour all in words! And long persuade that in words I do not perceive anything, reading the work is up to 5-6 orders at a time and need to have a written TOR for his own, the customer's good.

Yup, I usually call it a brainwashing; then you show to such a customer a model of TOR from a good customer - where everything is formalized, with pictures and arrows - in response, I do not understand what's written there

Alas, specifying the ToR can take up to 3/4 of the time to write code

Igor Makanu:

I've been looking into freelancing since January, the challenges of communicating with third party platforms at least one a week

I think we're talking about adequate tasks here, but the usual nonsense - yes, they are regularly offered to do...

I've decided to try earning money with the Freelance service. But as I have never done freelancing and have only implemented my ideas for sale in the Market service, I have a question: how do I start? That is, I have products, demo downloads, buyers, as well. But as an order submitter I have absolutely no statistics. How do I get started with Freelance in my case?

Mihail Matkovskij:
I decided to try earnings in the service Freelance. But since I've never engaged in freelancing and implemented only their ideas for sale in the service Market, I have a question, how to start? That is, I have products, demo downloads, buyers, as well. But as a performer of orders I have absolutely no statistics. How do I get started with Freelance in my case?

Apply for jobs that you can handle, there is a chance that you will be chosen as a contractor. Everyone starts from scratch, especially as there is always an influx of new faces as customers, and they don't care how many jobs you have done before and what your rating is.

Mihail Matkovskij:
I decided to try earning in the Freelance service. But since I've never freelanced and only implemented my ideas for sale in the Market service, I have a question, how to start? That is, I have products, demo downloads, buyers, as well. But as an order fulfiller I have absolutely blank stats. How do I get started with Freelance in my case?

Most importantly: DO NOT rush to click on the "I agree to do this job" button!!!

It's simple: You choose the job, read the description carefully, and only after you KNOW you can do the job do you click on the "I agree to do the job" button. And then the lottery and a fraction of chance. Someone is bound to get selected.

Aleksey Semenov:
I think we are talking about adequate tasks here, but all sorts of nonsense - yes, they regularly offer to do...

well, linking the Quickie with MT4...

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Apply for jobs that you can handle, there is a chance that you will be chosen as a contractor. All the more so that there is always an influx of new faces as customers and they don't care how many jobs you have done before and what your rating is.

Vitaly, just now, after your words, a thought occurred to me - maybe the new customers will choose the newcomers without a rating? In the hope that there will be more attention and less money?

Vladimir Karputov:

Most importantly: DO NOT rush to click on the "I agree to do this job" button!!!

It's simple: You choose the job, read the description carefully, and only after you KNOW you can do the job do you click on the "I agree to do the job" button. And then the lottery and a fraction of chance. Someone is bound to get selected.

It goes without saying. Choosing an obscure TOR and then rejecting it is, I think, a disadvantage in the statistics, if I understand correctly. And in general, there is no desire to take everything in a row. And study all in a row to order and think, will not take, too, somehow not really wanted. So I decided to ask experienced performers. But if they say they will, then I'll give it a try.
Reason: