From theory to practice - page 65

Aleksey Panfilov:

The main thing is that they (quotes) should not be personal, why would we need such attention. :)))

Well, it's more difficult with personal ones as the dependencies will a priori not be on our side... :) Collective ones can be fought somehow

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Personal ones are harder to deal with because the dependencies are not on our side... :) the collective ones can be struggled with somehow.

- I tried to test these theories and they didn't hold up.

SEM:

- tried to test these theories, the theories didn't hold up.

I don't understand about theories... I'm not a theorist

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I don't understand about the theories... I'm not a theorist.

Theories about personal or collective quotes have not been confirmed.

SEM:

Theories about personal or collective quotes have not been confirmed.

what formula was used to calculate?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

What formula were you using?

I simply ran terminals from different brokers (Western and domestic) in parallel and compared incoming quotes.

SEM:
Just running terminals from different brokers (western and domestic) in parallel, and comparing incoming quotes.

understood

Alexander_K2:
Maxim is right - the market is self-similar, full stop. I just checked my TS on archived OPEN. I should have had a sampling volume of about 5 000 values and it still remains the same. But previously we needed 1-second ticks, and now it is 1-minute. If before the trade was performed at least 1 time per day, now it is 1 time per month. No way... Deleted my post about supposedly finding the best way to receive data, or we'll get to the deal 1 time a year ...

Yes, it is always difficult and inconvenient to integrate software with each other... MT5 has good default quotes archives from the broker where you are going to trade (including tick quotes). Maybe it makes sense to use python or R - it's easier to integrate them with MT5, in particular for R on this forum, i.e. the bot prepares data, calls R script, passes it, then takes the result, for example, as a signal...

I don't do it myself now, but it's kind of mainstream here on the forum among those who are more or less "in the know" :)

Alexander_K2 As it was necessary to have a sample size of about 5,000 values, so it remains.
What would change (in practice, not in theory) if you took 500 instead of 5,000?

SEM:
I just ran terminals from different brokers (Western and domestic) in parallel and compared incoming quotes.

Individual spread widening, individual number of requotes, individual slippage and individual execution delay have to be earned. If the client is already losing money, who is going to throw a spanner in his wheel. On the contrary, they will try to execute requests as quickly as possible and without any rejections.

Reason: