Who has a website? Is it worth it or not to keep your own resource? - page 7

Sergey Golubev:

---------------

One more opportunity which is used mostly by young coders unknown to English-speaking masses: they go to external forums and look for such threads where they are asked to program something for free in the threads. And they do it (alert to the indicator and so on). Many coders developed this way (for example, in my memory it was young Polish coders who developed this way). Being promoted does not mean that they became the best programmers, it means that everyone knows them.
It is not a fast but very reliable way.

---------------

There are two big mistakes coders make when they come to a third-party forum for promotion:

1. nobody knows them there (they haven't done any posts there, etc.);
  2. they post their best stuff at once.

The first now is solved quickly - just give a link to your mql5 profile (because the profile here is like a business card). For example - create a profile on third-party forum, give link to your user profile (there often html) as a signature, and this signature will be everywhere on all your posts there.

About the second mistake ... Post on a third-party forum at once the best (for example, immediately give a link to your best signal, or the best product Market) - there is no point. There's no need to rush. Because people who would be professionals in coding and understand everything about your program specialization - there are either no such people on third-party forums (all are beginner traders), or there are few of them.

In general, I remember that Kalenzo, the now well-known Polish coder, first made alerts for indicators, and Beluck from Ukraine started with simple Expert Advisors in branches (although they had everything in their stash, but they developed it gradually), and so on.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Apparently because the trend of interest in trading and forex has been declining for a year now:

It's probably all in waves... interest in forex is shifting geographically.

But if we are talking about the target audience, 20 target users (who are interested in your product in the Market for example) is much better than 1 thousand "who-knows-who" from social networks for example.

Sergey Golubev:

But if we're talking about a target audience, 20 target users (who are interested in your product in the Marketplace, for example) is much better than 1,000 "who-knows-who" from social networks, for example.

That's my point exactly. Less is better!

Vasiliy Sokolov:

That's my point exactly. Less is better!

In English: Better Less But Better
:)

Sergey Golubev:

It's probably all in waves... interest in forex shifts geographically.

But if we are talking about a target audience, 20 target users (who are interested in your product in the Market, for example) is much better than 1 thousand "who knows who" from social networks, for example.

As written above, forex is a narrow market and people are very mixed in it. If the product is easy to use, in fact, anyone may buy it, even a person who is far from the market, but suddenly became interested in it.

the product is super specific, I think he should have created a thread here and explained to everyone that they just need to use that kind of thing to practice on their cats so to speak

it's all marketing and no fraud... the product will not sell itself

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

For a person to understand that he is the target user of a specific product, first he needs to be explained or indoctrinated :) as already written above, forex is a narrow market and people there are quite diverse. If the product is easy to use, in fact, anyone may buy it, even a person who is far from the market, but suddenly became interested in it.

the product is super specific, I think he should have created a thread here and explained to everyone that they just need to use this kind of thing to train on cats so to speak

it's all marketing and no fraud... the product will not sell itself

That's all right.
But discussions (specific discussions) of Market products are forbidden here.
That's why I'm talking about third-party forums here.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

google trends

I've had a look, I've typed in my queries, and it's going down. I think anything that is not new is not trending there.

Of the entered only "bitcoin" query is growing. But it does not tell us anything and does not clarify the situation.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

There are no blogs on mql.com. What is meant by"traders' blogs" is just trash of something out there, with zero or so citations and no views.

It's not. Local blogs on in-demand topics, if there is no alternative, are at the top of the first page of search results and bring in traffic. So totally agree with

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

... If the product is unique with a unique name, then the site will almost always by default be at the top of search engines + will always shine in the rankings of the platform where it was created, and that's thousands of hits.

What's the point of being at the top of the search for unique keywords if the traffic from them is one and a half people a year?

Stanislav Korotky:

This is not true. Local blogs on in-demand topics, if there is no alternative, are at the top of the first page of search results and bring in traffic. So I completely agree with

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Show me the posts here that get several thousand views in a day? On other blogs, there are plenty of such posts. There are none here, or almost none. So all the talk about the relevance of blogs on mql.com brings nothing but a sad smile.

Reason: