Bitcoin miner - page 2

Nikolay Ivanov:

Crypto mining is a waste of time and money. Farms only waste energy doing empty and unnecessary monotonous calculations... And all for what? Just to get a little pussy? All this is a gamble, similar to MMM, nothing more. That explains the excitement, and the crash will be just as dramatic. The money is better spent on more useful things, such as buying a tractor, hiring a worker and providing services to individuals for plowing, etc.. Or buy solar panels, and it will be more useful, IMHO.

It is ridiculous to talk about "waste" when the capitalisation is measured in millions of dollars.

Now everything is moving towards the fact that soon there will be mining at the state level, for which there will be allocated almost the capacity of entire power plants.

Alexander Ivanov:

Are you from the moon?

I don't understand about mining at all. Is it like renting power?

Are you two brothers?
If you don't understand, maybe you need a teacher?
Or a job with a steady paycheck and a benefits package.

George Merts:

It is ridiculous to talk about "waste" when the capitalisation is measured in millions of dollars.

It's all coming to a point where mining will soon begin at the state level, which will be allocated almost the capacity of entire power plants.

MMM's capitalisation was also akin to the country's budget. You have to measure quality rather than quantity. No state needs cryptocurrencies. Every state benefits from being a monopolist in the issuance of banknotes. I hope I do not need to explain that a monopolist does not need to mine the quantity ... but just keypad it with numbers as much as needed ... In the end, there is only fraud ... and gold fever ... and ignorance, without it there is nowhere )

Nikolay Ivanov:

MMM's capitalisation was also akin to the country's budget. We should measure quality, not quantity. No state needs cryptocurrencies. Every state benefits from being a monopolist in the issuance of banknotes. I hope I do not need to explain that a monopolist does not need to mine the quantity ... but just use the keyboard to enter it in numbers as much as necessary ... In the end, there is only fraud ... and gold fever. well, and ignorance, without it there is nowhere)

That's right.

MMM is the same currency, and the shares were quite well traded on exchanges, along with the rest.

As soon as trust in MMM stocks disappeared - they went down right away. The same will be true for cryptocurrencies, for rubles and dollars.

Bitcoin is different in that you can't mine it as much as you want, and trust in Bitcoin is getting higher and higher. That's why it's getting more expensive.

But, it is true to say, no government needs free cryptocurrencies. So bitcoin will either be banned or severely restricted like, say, precious metals. Let's see....

George Merts:

That's right.

MMM is the same currency, and the shares traded quite well on the exchanges, along with the others.

As soon as MMM shares lost credibility, they fell immediately. The same will be true for cryptocurrencies, for rubles and dollars.

Bitcoin is different in that you can't mine it as much as you want, and trust in Bitcoin is getting higher and higher. That's why it's getting more expensive.

But, it is true to say, no state needs free cryptocurrencies. Therefore, bitcoin will either be banned or its use will be severely restricted, like, say, the same precious metals. Let's see....

It won't be banned. It will be on the same rights as ruble.

So, we won't see oil, gas, tanks or precious metals selling for bitcoins. And not for rubles either, because of unseriousness of payment units.

George Merts:

That's right.

MMM is the same currency, and the shares traded quite well on the exchanges, along with the others.

As soon as MMM shares lost credibility, they fell immediately. The same will be true for cryptocurrencies, for rubles and dollars.

But, it is true to say that no state needs free cryptocurrencies. So bitcoin will either be banned or severely restricted like, say, precious metals. Let's see....

You can't make bitcoin as much as you want, but there's a loophole. Start from scratch and call it bitcoin2... 3.. 4.. 5... etc... so called reloading... and anyway, what good is money whose amount is limited? The point is that there should just be enough money to serve the economies... not be in excess or in short supply...

Another loophole, 1 bitcoin can be broken down into any number of pieces...as a real number can contain any number of decimal places...in short one cheat...

Nikolay Ivanov:

You can't make bitcoin as much as you like, but there's a loophole... Start from scratch and call it bitcoin2... 3.. 4.. 5... etc... so called reloading... and anyway, what good is money whose amount is limited? The point is that there should just be enough money to service the economies... not be in excess or in short supply...

Another loophole, 1 bitcoin can be split into any number of pieces... as a real number can contain any number of decimal places... in short it's all a fraud...

The problem is the very essence of modern currencies. It's that "trust" thing. You can start as much as you want - but your currency is only worth as long as it is trusted. Which is why - most altcoins - will quickly cease to exist.

About "splitting it into smaller pieces". - It's not a loophole, but a new property of cryptocurrencies that conventional currencies don't have - a kind of "inflation in depth".

That's the value of money "whose quantity is limited" - that it corresponds to the world's resources, whose quantity is also limited. That`s why the bankers and governments get worried - you can print as much rubles or dollars as you want, but bitcoins are not only very difficult to make, but their amount is limited as well. This means that bitcoins are more valuable as a means of payment than dollar (or even more so, ruble).

Unfortunately, bitcoins, unlike the internet, were not developed by the military, but by scientists. Bitcoin therefore has little resistance to prohibition. But, since it is based on Internet technology, there is a chance that banning it will be very difficult.

We'll see.

George Merts:

The problem is the very essence of modern currencies. It's that "trust" thing. You can start as much as you like - but your currency will only be worth as long as it is trusted. Which is why - ...

Don't generate blatant nonsense. At least familiarise yourself with such basic concepts: "money", "functions of money"... At least on the level of Wikipedia.

You're just a chronic dilettante's nonsense, you're pulling it out of your fingers.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Don't generate blatant nonsense. At least familiarise yourself with such basic concepts: "money", "functions of money"... At least on the level of Wikipedia.

The nonsense of a chronic dilettante is being sucked out of your finger.

To you (let's refer to you as "you") - same question, any specific objections ? And pointers as to where I have "blatant nonsense" ?

I have studied all these concepts very well, which is why I say that Bitcoin is perfect for the role of modern money, and it is better secured than the dollar, and even more so the ruble.

ANY modern currency is incomplete. It has no use value. There is only exchange value. But, bitcoin, unlike dollar or ruble - has strictly rationed inflation. And that is what makes bitcoin more and more trustworthy, and consequently its price as well.

George Merts:

To you (let's call it "you") - same question, any specific objections ?...

After the ellipsis I didn't read it.

Reason: