Help me find a laptop - page 16

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Who cares what you call it, the result is the same - it doesn't work because of no contact.

Well, yes, but not because of the brand. It's a technological problem... everyone can have them. Intel also has a generation of processors that were subject to scalping due to overheating...

khorosh:

The 2 laptop alternatives selected use processors:

Intel Core i5 7200U and AMD A12 - 9720P. Their power consumption is the same - 15 watts, so with the same cooling system they should heat up equally.

In terms of performance the Intel one wins, though not by much. But in terms of price/performance ratio AMD is undisputed leader.

Price of Intel Core i5 7200U processor - $720

AMD A12 - 9720P - $410

The Intel one is more expensive by 75.6%.

The average performance of an Intel one is 14.7% higher.

Is it really worth paying so much for 14.7% ? Does such a relatively small increase in performance really cost that much, or is it just a marketing policy?

khorosh:

Intel Core i5 7200U processor price - $720

AMD A12 - 9720P - $410

Intel's is 75.6% more expensive

The average performance of the Intel is 14.7% higher.

Is it really worth paying so much for 14.7% ? Is such a relatively small increase in performance really so expensive, or is it just a marketing policy?

I'll give you the link again https://www.notebook-center.ru/processor.html - look at the processor rankings. AMD has 4 full fledged cores, but they (each one separately) are much slower than two Intel cores, so you should consider for what kind of processor you have - for multithreading the difference will not be huge, but for single threading it will be. For MT5 the difference won't be large, even AMD should be more comfortable for trading, and for MT4 Intel is better, but you have to be a crooked hand to load CPU on everything when trading...

I hope it doesn't bother you that I incline you to spend less...

Процессоры для ноутбуков :: Ноутбук-Центр
  • www.notebook-center.ru
Всем, кто хоть немного знаком с устройством ноутбука, известно, что главное в нем – не корпус, не клавиатура и даже не экран. Главное в любом ноутбуке - это процессор. От того, какой процессор для ноутбука вы выберете, будет зависеть работа всего лэптопа в целом. Данная страница содержит рейтинг процессоров для ноутбуков. В нем собраны описания...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I'll give you the link again https://www.notebook-center.ru/processor.html - look at the processor rating. AMD has 4 full-featured cores, but they (each one separately) are much slower than two Intel cores, so you should consider for what purpose the processor is used - for multithreading the difference will not be big, but for single threading it is significant. For MT5 the difference won't be large, even AMD should be more comfortable for trading, and for MT4 Intel is better, but you have to be a crooked hand to load CPU on everything when trading...

I hope it doesn't bother you that I incline you to spend less...

I myself think you have to go by price/performance ratio here.

khorosh:
I myself think that here we have to proceed from the price/performance ratio.

Intel, and only Intel.

I have AMD now. I'm going to buy a new one, only Intel. I'm giving up my experiments with AMD and price/quality.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Intel, and only Intel.

I have AMD now. I'm going to buy a new one, only Intel. I'm giving up my experiments with AMD and price/performance.

And what is your motivation? Is it the performance? Give me your arguments. I would like to hear the opinions of many people.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Intel, and only Intel.

I have AMD now. I'm going to buy a new one, only Intel. I'm done with my experiments with AMD and price/performance.

What kind of AMD do you have?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Intel, and only Intel.

I have AMD now. I'm going to buy a new one, only Intel. I'm giving up my experiments with AMD and price/performance.

+1
After 5 years with top rated amd i switched to top rated Intel. It is heaven and earth. It is clear that progress is being made. Understandable that you can't compare like that but still.... Chose intel.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What kind of AMD do you have?

Not a new one, but it's quite good, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57.

So far performance is good enough. But it heats up (due to additional fan otherwise processor's frequency would be reset), sometimes processor hangs up without any visible reason. I must say, it's from when it was new. When I bought it I also thought price/performance, tests are the same and so on.

I don't have all these delights on Intel.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It's not new, but it's good enough, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57.

So far performance is quite satisfying. But it heats up (due to additional fan otherwise processor clock resets), sometimes processor hangs for no apparent reason. I must say, it's from when it was new. When I bought it I also thought price/performance, tests are the same and so on.

I don't have all those delights on Intel.

My friend's CPU is more powerful on his old laptop and it lags behind, in his words... ...because he's using a 10, for which he doesn't have any software.

The processor is already very old AMD and the fact that it (the laptop) still works speaks of its not bad quality. In any case you can not compare processors of previous generations and conclude that the current generation is bad as well - it's not objective.

Reason: