Help me find a laptop - page 15

SEM:

When under load, it is warm. Tightness of cooling system is critical for water cooling, for air cooling it is a plus (better cooling).

This is not the case... the thermal conductivity is broken...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

This is not the case... the thermal conductivity is compromised...

If it's not, why if you partially disassemble the laptop, the temperature drops by 10-15 degrees. But it's not exactly comfortable to use in this state.

SEM:

If it is not, why if you partially disassemble the laptop, the temperature drops by 10-15 degrees. But it is not very convenient to use it in such a condition.

This makes for better cooling, which is odd... When closed, the air heats up and can no longer cool the processor/mother, while when open, it circulates faster. The CO is needed to get the heat out to the cold air faster from the heated elements.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

This makes for better cooling, which is odd... When closed, the air heats up and can no longer cool the processor/mother, while when open, it circulates faster. The CO is needed to remove the heat to the cold air from the heated elements more quickly.

If the elements are minimally heated then the heat needs to be dissipated as little as possible, that's what I'm talking about. No need to buy an oven.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

If the elements are minimally heated, the heat needs to be dissipated as little as possible, and that's what we're talking about. You don't need to buy an oven.

So it's just a bad cooling system - it can't cope with heat removal :). I haven't got an AMD laptop - at one time I wanted to buy an A10, but the prices were high...

Modern stones in laptops, I do not know how they warm up, but the old Intel is very warm under load. And what's to wonder about, laptops aren't designed to work long hours under peak load, so TC will just overpay.

Serhii Lendych:

SSDs are faster. Laptop HDDs are very slow.

Nah, I used to drive around with laptops at work and I noticed all the time how much slower they were than desktop ones, and at the time there were no SSDs yet. It's not about performance, it's about saving as much power as possible.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

chipset failures ))))) you need extreme temperature conditions to melt the textolite, for example in a Russian oven

Chipset breakage usually happens on hot graphics cards in the desktop environment.

It's not the textolite that melts, it's the solder balls at the bottom of the BGA chip body.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

It's not the textolite that is melting, it's the solder balls on the bottom of the chip's BGA case.

I just didn't know that chipsets can get so hot on motherboards, often they don't even have heat sinks or are made out of some kind of figurine

I don't know about video chipsets, they have real ovens

Alexey Volchanskiy:

It is the solder balls at the bottom of the BGA chip body which are melting, not the textolite.

What actually "melts" is the contact pad (substrate) between the chip and the chip body, not between the chip body and the motherboard... And this is a manufacturing defect, as a rule.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What actually "melts" is the contact pad (substrate) between the chip and the chip body, not between the chip body and the mother...

What does it matter what you call it, the result is the same - it does not work because of no contact.

Reason: