Help me find a laptop - page 11

khorosh:
In both options under consideration, there is a 1000 GB hard drive.

A normal drive costs around 3000 roubles and an SSD from 20,000 roubles! Is there a price difference for this money? If not, then you have read something wrong or you are being cheated.

Or is there an HDD in addition to the SSD in the second variant? Then how much SSD?

khorosh:
What is the disadvantage of 4gb partitioning ? Is the SSD connected to the laptop via an external connector or inside the case?

as the answer below is.

If it's a laptop, there are really 2 memory slots,

If you take the 8g, there are 2 4g slots. You can't add more.

If you get 16 gig, you get two 8 gig memory slots. - and that's the best option because:

Separate memory you are unlikely to sell. And in order to add memory - you need to discard 8 gig and put 16 (then for the future)

But instead of the hard drive you can easily replace it with an SSD, which is 10 times faster. And you can replace your old HDD with an SSD which no one uses any more. Imho

About 3 years ago I got myself a notebook, powerful. gaming. all good but it took a long time to load. Didn't lag, but it froze. ... . .. . . . ....

Took me a while to figure it out.

I threw away my regular mobile HDD and put in a Samsung EVO PRO (150 quid).

And the notebook was totally different.

Now I use regular HDD only for movie, photo, code database. But for systems, only SSD.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

If you go for 16 gigs, it's worth two 8 gigs each. - And that's the best option because:

It's very easy to sell - there's a big second-hand market in Russia.

But more than 8 gig is for rare tasks. If the processor has 8 cores, it might be useful in an MT5, and that is not certain.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

It's very easy to sell - there's a big second-hand market in Russia.

I think it's more profitable to get a big RAM and then get a cd.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I think it's better to go with a big RAM and then get an SSD.

Modern laptops may not have a DVD drive and space for it - we don't know the model... maybe there's an SSD and an HDD at the same time... you have to look at the model.

khorosh:

Which option is better (all other things being equal)? Better in terms of speed.

1. 16384 RAM, no SSD.

2. 8192 RAM, 128GB SSD.

If I am using my laptop for installation of a lot of terminals and continuous (24 hours a day) trading, without turning it off and going to sleep, then of course Option 1.

If you use it for development and testing, with connecting to external local agents and remote access to VPS, then better the second option.

Don't forget, RAM also consumes a lot of power, more RAM requires more battery, and less battery life. An SSD also consumes less power, so the battery lasts longer.

Even on a decktop, under full load (optimisation), 16gb is never fully used.

Sergey Chalyshev:

If using a laptop to install a lot of terminals and continuous (24 hours a day) trading, without shutting down and going to sleep, then of course option 1.

If you are using it for development and testing, with connecting to external local agents and remote access to VPS, then the second option is better.

Don't forget, RAM also consumes a lot of power, more RAM requires more battery, and less battery life. SSD also consumes less power, hence longer battery life.

Even on a decktop, under full load (optimisation), 16gb are never fully used.

I have 18 gigs of memory used without optimisation, 14 gigs free

depends on the application.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I have 18 gigs loaded and 14 gigs free without optimisation

Depends on what kind of job.

Apparently you have bad unoptimised code.

I don't have it like that.

I spent almost all day on the internet choosing. I considered the price/performance ratio. So far, I have decided on this option:

Dell Vostro 5468 5468-9944 (Intel Core i5-7200U/8192Mb/256Gb SSD/No ODD/Intel HD Graphics/Wi-Fi/

Bluetooth/Cam/14.0/1366x768/Windows 10 64-bit), best price on the internet for around 40,000 RUB. I don't download movies or music from the internet, I watch and listen online. I don't use many terminals either, so I think this amount of RAM and SSD is quite enough. And the performance will be quite decent.

khorosh:

I spent almost all day on the internet choosing. I considered the price/performance ratio. So far, I have decided on this option:

Dell Vostro 5468 5468-9944 (Intel Core i5-7200U/8192Mb/256Gb SSD/No ODD/Intel HD Graphics/Wi-Fi/

Bluetooth/Cam/14.0/1366x768/Windows 10 64-bit), best price on the internet for around 40000 RUB. I don't download movies or music from the internet, I watch and listen online. I don't use many terminals either, so I think this amount of RAM and SSD is quite enough. And the performance will be quite decent.

If you don't spare money for unused hardware, buy it, of course. For me it is very expensive - better to invest this money in a normal PC - at least you can optimize without fear of overheating 24 hours a day produce.

The best solution would be to roll back your old laptop to Seven - since you decided to buy a new one anyway and assess what it is braking after installing all the drivers and already under that look PC for a belly. By the way, I think that 14 inches is a lot, well, it all depends on the area of the belly of course :)

And so, everything will work fast.

Reason: