A suggestion for the ease of use of the MetaEditor - page 3

Комбинатор:

An example please. With standard style, MQ style and a clear demonstration of situations where standard cannot avoid the problem and MQ can.

Provide your own example first. There are three floors of Belinsky-level critics here.

Комбинатор:

An example please. With standard style, MQ style and a clear demonstration of situations where standard does not avoid the problem and MQ does.

There is only one standard on the mql.community: the styler.

khorosh:

Foodies...fuck. Spoiled stomachs with delicacies, so it's time to go on the MQL diet).

:) ...and that's despite the fact that MQL has a relatively simple syntax. What would colleagues say about JavaScript:)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The difference is not significant, but the formatting style of MQ is undeniably better.

All the offices I worked in used the codestyle as MS uses it now. K&R style was relevant in the days of alphanumeric monitors 80 characters * 25 lines

And then in 90's when everyone had 14" monitors with 800*600 resolution.

Why does codestylism matter at all? It's not a fashion or a woman's whim - it's a way to learn information as quickly as possible.

MS codestyle allows me to clearly see all the blocks, but K&R style has it all squeezed in, I have to spend time and effort on internal translation, looking for opening { and closing } braces.

I understand that Kulproggers will shout "I can see everything just fine". After that they hysterically write 100500 forum posts on how to open an order)).

And when viewing large projects in rapid mode, proper formatting is important.

ZZY: I don't rule out that one of the reasons for the slowness of MQ in development is the tight squeeze of the prog team on uncomfortable codestyle.

ZZZY: I'm sure there have been psychological studies on which codestyle is the fastest and most comfortable to use. Maybe someone has the data?

Rashid Umarov:

Provide your own example first. There are three floors of Belinsky-level critics here.

I have provided my arguments. You can, of course, pretend not to notice them and continue to zealously defend your style.

Stanislav Korotky:

Huh. Here we go. The difference is substantial. There's a lot of problems there. MQ style is unreadable, no one has used it for a long time. Look at the statistics of modern styles - there are 2 main C++ and Java - both substantially better than the MQ style being imposed.

In principle, MQ as a firm that uses Microsoft products and their sources in its work could logically use the Microsoft style, but for some reason it doesn't.

And this is national stubbornness. Remember, how many years MQ did not want to do the hedging in MQL5. It was done when it became clear that the product was more dead than alive.

The same will happen with codestream. In general, I haven't cared for a long time, I use my own tools.

Mikhail Kontsevoy:
What colleagues would say about JavaScript:)

Colleagues would say open JSLint and see how braces are formatted.

Vladimir Karputov:

It is the MQL style that allows avoiding very simple but annoying misunderstandings with curly braces - with MQL style the whole structure is clearly visible, which immediately helps to correctly put conditions if ... else and the like.

It absolutely must not be done that way: the forum and kodobase must be filled with code in the same layout. It's strange to hear that you can customize the style in MetaTrader editor from a person who has been writing for many years, and still hasn't got into the spirit of MQL.

No fanaticism please, no fanaticism :)

Комбинатор:
I have provided my arguments. You can, of course, pretend not to notice them and continue to zealously defend your style.

I've seen an example of your formatting, give me a link. And an explanation of what makes it so good, please.

I also remembered. I had a brief period working for the Germans, there was a quick rewrite of software for large format printers, for printing advertisements. They were 5 metres wide and they were stupid.

They sent us the source code and we printed it right away on this huge printer, we threw the listings on the floor and crawled all over it with felt-tip pens to decide which classes to take as is, which ones to remake, which ones we had to recreate from scratch.

Everything was done at a waltz pace, we decided, then got on the computer, reassembled the system and started all over again. If there was a K&R style, I would have been lying in a loon in a child's bib a long time ago ))

Reason: