Mt4 End of support.

One of the users asked me to remake the program for Mt5, arguing that next year Mt4 support will be discontinued.

Is this true and who knows what?

And I've decided to move myself. More opportunities. More information....

In order for brokers to switch to MT5 you have to buy it. And that's not 3 rubles.

There are very few brokers who would provide the same conditions as for MT5.

So your client either has insider information that all brokers will get MT5 almost for free, or this is a joke.

It can't be done. The dealing centres will not allow it. The vast majority of traders prefer MT4 with clear terminology: open a trade, close a trade, place a pending order, delete a pending order. Traders want to understand price forecasts, and whether to open a trade up or down, and where to place the SL and TP. And MT5 forces traders to deal with new, unfamiliar, confusing terminology: netting, hedging, In, Out, positions and so on and so forth. Traders want to think about how to trade, not about terminology that is new to them. Dealing centres will adjust to traders and MetaQuotes will adjust to Dealing Centres who buy MT4 and MT5. Therefore MT4 support will never stop.

Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Торговая деятельность в платформе связана с формированием и отсылкой рыночных и отложенных ордеров для исполнения брокером, а также с управлением...

Victor Ziborov:

It can't be done. The dealing centres will not allow it. The vast majority of traders prefer MT4 with clear terminology: open a trade, close a trade, place a pending order, delete a pending order. Traders want to understand price forecasts and whether they want to open a trade up or down. And MT5 forces traders to understand new terminology: netting, hedging, In, Out, and so on. Traders want to think how to trade, not about terminology which is new to them. Dealing centres will adjust to traders, and Metaquote will adjust to dealing centres that buy MT4 and MT5. Therefore MT4 support will never stop.

Even MOFT doesn't support MT5 yet, which is frustrating for me as I'm chipping away at the spreads there. And what does support mean? Does it mean release of new versions? Well, if no critical bugs are found, maybe there won't be any new ones.

I have partially switched to MT5, but, as Dmitiry rightly pointed out, conditions are better on MT4 for now.

Victor Ziborov:

It can't be done. The dealing centres will not allow it. The vast majority of traders prefer MT4 with clear terminology: open a trade, close a trade, place a pending order, delete a pending order. Traders want to understand price forecasts, and whether to open a trade up or down, and where to place the SL and TP. And MT5 forces traders to deal with new, unfamiliar, confusing terminology: netting, hedging, In, Out, positions and so on and so forth. Traders want to think about how to trade, not about terminology that is new to them. Dealing centres will adjust to traders and MetaQuotes will adjust to Dealing Centres who buy MT4 and MT5. Therefore MT4 support will never cease.

The intellectual barrier of using MT5 is of course higher. Higher for both programmers and regular users. In my opinion, this is what has prevented the platform in recent years from taking the leading position and completely displacing MT4.

To apply harsh measures, such as cutting off support for the old platform, is too dangerous; making MT5 more comfortable and easy for users is quite possible and safe. Personally, I see the solution to the problem only in this case.

What should we do to remove unnecessary OOP-hacks and simplify the order placing? Nothing. But as it turns out - a lot depends on these little things...

Реter Konow:

The intellectual barrier to using MT5 is certainly higher. Higher as for programmers........

What should we do to simplify placing orders and remove unnecessary OOP features? Nothing. But as it turns out - a lot depends on these little things...

Yeah I see that programming is right up your alley....

---------

What difference does it make or support, for me it's more important what platform is supported by the desired broker and what platform the trader trades on.

As for the support, I doubt that there will be any support. As for me mt4 is not inferior to mt5, or rather it depends on the markets.

The point is the difference that exists between a programmer and a developer. These two 'kinds' are very different. The difference is huge. A programmer is like a worker at a machine tool. He has a visual studio and a programming language. He knows his tools very well and follows the written instruction. The programmer mostly solves the tasks "chewed up" and "passed from above".

A developer is quite a different thing. He/she does not have to know all the programming niceties at all. Also he/she does not have to use all the available toolkit to solve a task which does not require this toolkit. The developer has one goal: to create something new. A developer carefully inspects the toolkit before working and removes anything superfluous. He or she diligently looks for the best solutions and may find an unconventional approach. They don't have to follow all the rules of style, and they don't look at other people's solutions. He or she has his or her own ideas in mind, not the tasks of others.

So I conclude: the complexity of MQL5, compared to MQL4, doesn't bring any advantages to programmers and developers alike. Why doesn't the developer need it? Simply because he or she will always find a way to solve a task with the minimum set of tools. Why don't programmers need it? Because the additional complications take more effort during their work.

Galina Bobro:

Yes, I see that programming is right up your alley....

By and large, I'm not a programmer at all - I'm a born developer).

Galina Bobro:

I doubt there will be any support - as far as I'm concerned mt4 is as popular as mt5, or rather depends on the markets.

That's the trouble, it's only "not inferior" so far, but it should be "far superior". Let's hope for the best... I'm in favour of MT5.

Реter Konow:

The intellectual barrier to using MT5 is certainly higher. Higher for both programmers and ordinary users. In my opinion, this is what has prevented the platform in recent years from taking the leading position and completely displacing MT4.

To apply harsh measures, such as cutting off support for the old platform, is too dangerous; making MT5 more comfortable and easy for users is quite possible and safe. Personally, I see the solution to the problem only in this.

What is it worth to remove unnecessary OOP-hacks and simplify the placing of orders? Nothing. But as it turns out, a lot depends on these little things...

If you don't understand the OOP stuff, it doesn't mean that others don't. Mt 5's problem was at the root (lack of locs, position gluing). Mt 5 went uphill as soon as the locs were allowed.

Reason: