What is a trend? - page 30

Renat Akhtyamov:

Well, if that's the case, that makes sense.

I probably shouldn't have said that either, because it's a lot to take in.

That's all right. It happens on weekends.

Uladzimir Izerski:

It's not a big deal. It happens on weekends.

I agree.

Meanwhile, the euro is rising.

Good gaps are coming up.

See you next weekend.

Thanks for the chat!

Uladzimir Izerski:

The more options you have for understanding, the better the result.)

I never refuse to listen to a new idea.

What is the golden line? What does it do?

It's not really a new idea... A baseline, something akin to an MA.

as they say, we're all on trend)

Олег avtomat:

It's not really a new idea... A baseline, something akin to the MA.

If you posted a picture it would be nice to see the abstract too. It's interesting about the baseline, too. But it's too barefaced.

Andrew Petras:

How's that?

Well, if there is a change in price, then the presence of a trend is certain, but how long and volatile it will be is another matter. But if the price rose and then returned to the original price, then it does so with trends as a change relative to the price scale...

Uladzimir Izerski:

If you have posted a picture, it would be good to see the abstract as well. The baseline is also interesting. But it's too barefaced.

A lot has already been said and retold... There is no sense and no desire to repeat it all over again.

And the picture speaks for itself. However, I can delete it so as not to tease.

Mihail Marchukajtes:

Well, if there is a change in price, then the presence of a trend is certain, but how long it will last and how volatile is another matter. But if the price rose and then returned to the original price, then it does so with trends as a change relative to the price scale...

highlighted -- complete nonsense. A change in price does not at all mean that there is a trend.

Олег avtomat:

the highlighted is complete nonsense. A change in price does not mean there is a trend at all.

Before you deny it, you need to define the concept you are operating on. Otherwise, it is a blind man talking to a deaf man.

Technically, any non-horizontal movement is a trend of a certain magnitude.
This has been discussed on previous pages. If you build on that, then the highlighted is not nonsense.

Ivan Butko:
Can you give a comprehensive definition?

How do you personally determine when it has started and when it has entered a flat phase (unless it is a trade secret D)

A trend is a long sustained movement in one direction or another.
You can't tell when it has started because the charts are very jagged and twisted.)
There are no flat, only upward or downward trends).

Reason: