What is a trend? - page 4

Andrey Kisselyov:

You can formalize any conditions, and they do not have to define the TREND or its absence. Get rid of the concept of a trend, and you will see how infinite your possibilities will become after you stop looking for it on the chart.

Sincerely.

There is a clear definition of a trend. If a trend is not defined on the chart, it is not there at the moment. Let's put it that way. The trend is not defined.

Sincerely.

Igor Yeremenko:

A flat is also a trend, but not directed anywhere (up or down)

so a trend has no clear beginning or end

IHMO local highs and lows are just the beginning and the end of a trend as well as waves.

Uladzimir Izerski:

There is a clear definition of a trend. If a trend is not defined on the chart, it is not there at the moment. Let's put it that way. The trend is not defined.

Sincerely.

For the reliable operation of TS, the accuracy of signals should be positive under the appropriate conditions of trade and transaction support.

example.
example:

Downtrend:

Respectfully.

Andrey Kisselyov:
For the reliable operation of TS, it does not matter whether it is present on the chart or not, for reliable performance TS need the accuracy of signals to be positive under the appropriate conditions for trade and transaction support.

example.
example:

Downtrend:

Respectfully.

How far you are from understanding the trend. I'm off to bed.

Respectfully.

Uladzimir Izerski:

How far you are from understanding the trend. I'm going to bed.

Respectfully.

I'm ready to hear your side of the story.

Respectfully.

Trend and flat is always detected by the eye after the fact. During the process, and especially at the beginning of the process, it cannot be determined.

Agree, it's as clear as day. But then((.

Oleg Tsarkov:

A trend and a flat is always detected by the eye after the fact. During the process, and especially at the beginning of the process, it cannot be detected.

Agree, it's as clear as day. But afterwards((.

Even after the fact, we may interpret it this way (and it's even closer to the truth)... and what is the trend here, where is the beginning, where is the end ? What if to the right of the correction goes up, will it be a new trend, or an old one ?

Uladzimir Izerski:

IHMO the local highs and lows are just the beginning and end of the trend as well as the waves.

how do you determine the trend direction simultaneously on all TFs?

or are the trends different on different TFs (which is very strange)?

Igor Yeremenko:

How do you use your methodology to determine the trend direction on all TFs at the same time?

Or are there different trends in different TFs (which is very strange)?

A philosopher and a criminal mastermind are sitting in the same cell.

CA asks: Tell me, what is dialectics?

F: Well, look. You lie down, and I stand up, but meanwhile we are both sitting. This is the dialectic.

Igor Yeremenko:

how do you determine the trend direction on all TFs at the same time using your methodology?

Or are the trends different on different TFs (which is very strange)?

Nothing strange. It's a common phenomenon.

For example, the monthly trend is up, the weekly trend is down. On the monthly chart it looks like a pullback.

Reason: