Write an advisor - page 4

George Merts: I wrote a program in VBA in Excel that calculates a three-dimensional graph model, optimises it, and then outputs it as a chart. There's a lot of stuff in this program that you don't think is available in Basic.

The modern VBA is far removed from the first variants of Basic

George Merts:

Isn't that enough?

In Basics you can't always translate from one variable to another. Loops and conditions are exactly the same as in Pascal. This is the first time I've heard that there are no procedures and functions in BASIC, I've always used a lot of functions when I was a student, and I still use VBA. You don't seem to have written much in Basic...

I've written a program in Excel that calculates three-dimensional graph model, optimizes it and then outputs it as a chart. There's a lot in this programme that you don't think is available in Basic.

First BASIC I learnt was for DVK-1, second for ZX Spectrum, thirdBASIC-K for MC-1502, fourth IBM one for IBM PC. At this point I decided that enough is enough :) Don't confuse VBA, Visul Basic and Basic! The difference is even greater than between Pascal and Delphi. Since the client doesn't need the object-oriented programming, why should he fill his head and learnVisul Basic orDelphi? Pascal (not Delphi, not Visual) you can find a lot of books or video tutorials on utube and learn it in 3 weeks, then another 3 weeks to figure out the MQL =). After just Basic I wouldn't risk it...

I wrote a lot of stuff in TurboPascal. It was 16-bit. And it refused to work on 32-bit Windows-7. I tried it through DosBox, but then I gave it up. I found Pascal ABC. When I need to do some work on a file, for example, I use

STARIJ:

I used to write a lot in TurboPascal. It was 16-bit. And it refused to work on 32-bit Windows-7. Tried it with DosBox, but then gave it up. Found Pascal ABC.

So it's almost Delphi =) Objective. By the way, good question how to run Pascal now =)

Андрей:

So it's almost Delphi =) Objective. By the way a good question how to run Pascal now =)

and TurboPascal was object since version 5.5, the latest version 7.0 You can run it with DOS Box program. Also in virtual mode, by installing XP. Also in Windows 7 there was some kind of update which got you Windows-XP now forgot exactly in a virtual machine

STARIJ:
and TurboPascal was object-based starting from version 5.5, the latest version 7.0. You can run it via DOS Box program or in virtual mode by installing XP. Also in Windows 7 there was some kind of update which got Windows-XP now forgot exactly in the virtual machine

For me it's not a question, the funny thing is that if you don't know what you're talking about... he'll download it, try it and forget about it...

George Merts:

Isn't that enough?

In Basics you can't always translate from one variable to another. Loops and conditions are exactly the same as in Pascal. This is the first time I've heard that there are no procedures and functions in BASIC, I always used a lot of functions when I was a student, and I still use VBA. You don't seem to have written much in Basic...

I have written a program in Excel which calculates a three-dimensional graph model, optimises it and then outputs it as a chart. There's a lot of stuff in this program that you don't think is available in Basic.

That's just what they were told by untrained teachers who had heard of BASIC in the beginning, which was the first programming language. And they've never heard that the program "Estimate.ru" works with VBA and all the tables of estimates and forms KS2 outputs through VBA in excell or OpenOffice.

How do they know that there are classes in BASIC...

ikascorp:
I want to ask a slightly strange question. How hard is it to learn how to write an EA yourself? (Please do not offer to teach me for money). Do I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write the code themselves, while we just describe the indicator, the moment of entry, etc..

You may teach a monkey to write a simple Expert Advisor in a couple of hours.
You need programming. All the designers are geared towards templates that are noticeably lacking.
Of course, they cover about 50-60% of tasks, but the remaining 40-50% is just writing the code by yourself.
Learning the language is easy, there is nothing supercomplicated about them, it's not quartic physics. But it's not about knowing the language, it's about being able to use it well.
Problems that can be solved in 5 minutes right after learning the language would have taken me 2-3 days...

Maybe I'm not in the loop, but what is this BASIC for and what is useful to write in it?

Mickey Moose:
Maybe I'm not in the loop, but what is this BASIC for and what is useful to write in it?
it's just a reminder of how to learn programming, what language to start with
Reason: