A bit of maths :) - page 4

Олег avtomat:

you can't please... --- everything is bad... all over the place... how to go on living...

;)))

You just trade very little, apparently. That's why you don't care about trading conditions. And for practitioners it's a priority.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Ah, well now I see that I'm communicating with a totally ignorant in trading, byebye :) The cure and sobering for you will be the constant losses, which are half caused by the trading conditions.

a professional trader? well, well...

Олег avtomat:

a professional trader? Well, well...

I'll bend it

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Ah, now I see I'm communicating with a totally ignorant trader, bye-bye :) The cure and sobering for you will be the constant plunges, which are half caused by trading conditions.

Not pulling half a pips out of the market, trading conditions don't matter much, much less a miserable 1-2 pips

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

You just trade very little, apparently. That's why you don't care about trading conditions. And for practitioners, that's a priority.

drumming with frequent fractions is your practice.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Not yanking half a pips out of the market, trading conditions don't play much of a role, much less the unfortunate 1-2 pips

Ptz... calculate your spread and commission for 100 trades. (If you have not traded for $100 it is very significant. And it's just about scalping in this thread.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Ppc... calculate your costs for spread and commission per 100 trades. (If you're not trading on $100, then it's very tangible. And we are talking about scalping in this exact topic.

The important thing is the profit/cost ratio, not just the absolute value of the costs. If the profit is many times the cost, that's OK.

Doesn'ta professional trader understand that?

And if most of the profit goes to cover the costs, then what kind of professionalism are we talking about?

Олег avtomat:

The important thing is the profit/cost ratio, not just the absolute value of the costs. If the profit is many times the cost, that's OK.

Doesn'ta professional trader understand that?

This quibble is about nothing. What matters is cost minimisation, any cost. Just write a script for the bot to take into account slippages and spread/commission costs and wonder how much you lost because of such illiteracy, add it to your losses and then powder your head with ashes. Even minimising the ping from 200ms to 10ms will give you a slippage reduction comparable to the spread per trade.

You're just showing a blatant illiteracy in trading.

2p extra cost per 100 trades equals 200 points of missed profit, and the latent slippage cost is usually more per round... you just didn't know that, did you? And add 10 quid commission.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

This tweak is about nothing. Minimising costs is important, any cost. Just write a bot script to account for slippages and spread/commission costs and wonder how much you've lost because of such illiteracy, add that to the losses you've incurred and then sprinkle your head with ashes. Even minimising the ping from 200ms to 10ms will give you a slippage reduction comparable to the spread per trade.

You are just showing a blatant illiteracy in trading.

2p extra cost per 100 trades is already 200 points of lost profit

As I recall, your "blatant trading illiteracy" should be defined by a 52/48 ratio.

That's not what you're thinking about... "lost profits" -- ridiculous

Олег avtomat:

As I recall, your "simply blatant trading illiteracy" should be defined by a 52/48 ratio.

That's not what you're thinking... "lost profits" -- ridiculous.

It's not what you think, I'm writing strictly on topic. You may laugh if it's funny, but it will not do you any good. You can just give all your money to DC and he will gladly take it.