Is there proof of profit from using Autotrading? - page 11

Lilita Bogachkova:

If you have more equity than balance, what prevents you from putting an SL of 5, 10 pips or more? If you consider SL to be a rudiment in principle, why does it interfere with your strategy?

And again with your stop-losses. This is a loss, and it is not needed in atotrading.

There are no numbers in the strategy, so there is nothing to optimise.

Renat Akhtyamov:
There are no numbers in the strategy.

So how can SL get in the way if you never even need it?

Lilita Bogachkova:

So how can SL get in the way if it is never even needed?

It's just not needed, especially since it's a number.

The digit appears, so does the optimisation.

This is a gross mistake and a flaw in any strategy/logic.

Renat Akhtyamov:
It simply is not needed.

Such an answer does not stand up to criticism. It's like taking the brakes off a car because you drive uphill all the time and only use gas.

Renat Akhtyamov:

A number emerges, optimisation emerges.

This is a gross error and a flaw in any strategy.

Why optimise SL? Put SL at half the daily volatility and see if the strategy works or not.

Lilita Bogachkova:

Such an answer does not stand up to criticism. It's like turning off the brakes on your car because you're driving uphill all the time and only using the gas.
Yeah, that's it. Do you think that forex works differently?

Renat Akhtyamov:
Yeah, that's it. Do you think forex works any other way?

I think nothing is permanent - and driving uphill.

After all, it is believed that terrestrial life originated because there was a moon and it moved the water here and there until someone stayed on shore.

Lilita Bogachkova:

I think nothing is permanent - and riding uphill.

After all, it is believed that terrestrial life originated precisely because there was a moon and moved the water here and there until someone stayed on shore.

Oh, well.

I've answered the branch's question - yes, there is!!!!!!!.

Keep your hands up until you get about or better than what I wrote above.

Lilita Bogachkova:

Why optimise SL. Set the SL at half the daily volatility and see if the strategy works or not.

This is a very standard approach to the market, I would even say - the initial stage of working on the TS.

Good luck to you and desire to continue working on the ATS further!

Renat Akhtyamov:
This is a very standard approach to the market, I would say - the initial stage of working towards a TS.

Yeah, and one day, you'll be left with nothing. :)

Renat Akhtyamov:
This is a very standard approach to the market, I would say - the initial stage of work to create a TS.

That's the way it is. For me, it all starts with a short SL and a large number of inputs.
By the way, I don't consider nets either, precisely because of the lack of SL.
Reason: