Registration for the MetaQuotes-Demo Championships in May - page 147

danminin:
what is the definition of "safest trade"?

give me a link to the post, i don't want to read 1,474 posts.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
Thank you for your detailed reply. We are waiting for screenshots)

As promised, a couple of screenshots with comments. Nothing much to see though, just an attempt to short after breaking an important level. In case something goes wrong, you can fill it up.

Screenshot 1.

After breakdown of the level 82.426 at 12:00, I decided to go in on the correction peak. After the pinbar at 16:00 I did not expect to catch a peak above it. But, as you can see, the high bar, where I entered, was even higher. I had a suspicion that the correction was not over yet. The same was told in the lower timeframes. I closed as soon as all positions were in the black. It's a bit early, but better that way, considering how events were developing further.

Screenshot 2.

This is quite a shame. I suspected a break-down of the level 1.28652 that was a support for some time. I guessed about the reverse on May 15 (if we draw the slope level through 4 local minimums, from May 12 to 24, the trend break is clearly seen). I entered near the level, made shares on the correction, then for some reason I closed, missing the great movement, which I was going to catch. It is difficult to understand my actions now ...

Screenshot 3.

Same level of 1.28652. I was sure that it would become the resistance. I did not wait till the price would approach closer (and I was right). It closed early, but it is better that way.

Screenshot 4.

I noticed the breakout too late. I decided to take something. While I was filling, I noticed something unpleasant on the low timeframes. As soon as all my positions were winning, I left. As you can see, it was for a good reason.

Screenshot 5.

A series of losing trades. When I entered it, I did not pay attention that it was the absolute minimum of several months. I tried to close at 00:00 on June 1 (a bar with a small body and long shadows), but the huge spread did not allow me to do so. As a result, had to fix the loss.

Later I shorted USDCHF again, sat through a relatively large drawdown and went to the profit. Price did break that multi-month low.

Thank you, you explained it very clearly, now I understand what the trade was based on.

Good luck in the future!

Dear participants of the May competition!

In the July competition, in the calculation for the second nomination, the "Sharpe Ratio" => "Recovery Factor" will be used instead of the "Sharpe Factor".

• We also invite sponsors to contribute to the prize pool - you will be the face of the tournament

Contest №3 Real Cent-account: 03.07.2017 — 28.07.2017
Contest №3 Real Cent-account: 03.07.2017 — 28.07.2017
  • view.new10.top
В конкурсе могут принимать участие только верифицированные пользователи форума  Допускается автоматическая и ручная торговля на платформе или Нет ограничений на размер торгового лота Завершение конкурса: 28.07.2017 Призовой фонд делится между двумя номинациями, и на данный момент составляет: Идёт сбор ↑ Победитель будет определён по двум...

I'll bring it up... Folks, don't pass by, register for the competition...

Congratulations to the participants and winners! Of course, this mystery (algorithm) will remain a mystery, but it is important to know that such indicators are possible in principle))) There is something to strive for. Algotrading has been rehabilitated.
Reason: