I'm good at draining - page 7

prikolnyjkent:

But, you can't trade on a profitable strategy, either ... If a trade goes into a big loss ... And then you might even... ... "losing the deposit"...

In this case, stops should be used to avoid losing deposits.

Aleksandr Yakobchuk:

in this case, stops should be used to avoid losing your deposits.

In this case, the TS is not suitable for trading in the opposite direction from its signals, and therefore does not fall under your comment about "fat plus" and "fat minus".

A TS with "fat pluses" is unlikely to be a loser...

Knowing how to drain well is not a matter of fiddling around. You have to have a deposit here!!!!

As a continuation of the theme. Indeed not every TS can make money by flipping, but that is a sign that you are not trying to cheat the market, the broker or anyone else. In this case you only cheat yourself. In that case it is difficult to make a good losing model as well as a good pouring one, but the sign of having found the right model is that you are reversing a losing one and turning it to a profitable one. Let me give you an example of where it all started. I obtained a model with good parameters in training, but real time did not go well.

I reversed it

And here is the problem and the difficulty of the market. This is where it's obvious. We lost 500 and earned 120. In other words, you earn on the market for three times longer than you lose, or lose three times faster than you earn. This is the situation in this example, but otherwise the ratio may be much bigger.)

But if you turned over your plum TS and it worked, it means that your TS is really a market one, which is not trying to cheat anyone. Such a trade will be really put on the exchange, and it will be paid. Because the work is done on the formed bars and the transaction is long enough in time in relation to the selected timeframe.

P.S. This is me against pipsers or as they call themselves now "high-frequency". They can make a profit, but will they pay out?

Mihail Marchukajtes:

To continue the theme. Indeed not every TS can make money by inverting,...

An inverted TS is a completely different TS... with completely different statistics.

That's why it's not the TS that needs to be flipped, but the direction of trades on its signals that are not flipped.

In this case, ANY TS will work

prikolnyjkent:

An inverted TS is a completely different TS... with completely different statistics.

That's why it 's not the TS that needs to be reversed, but the direction of trades on its signals that are not reversed.

By the way, it is a good idea not to bother working out the optimal strategy of flipping and fitting the EA, and simply flip the signals of the EA manually.

Roman Vashchilin:

By the way, it's a good idea not to bother with working out the best strategy for flipping and fitting the EA, but just flip the EA's signals manually.

Bullshit

Sergey Zhukov:
A profitable strategy will be profitable no matter how you flip it, but a losing one will only be a loser.

How so?

prikolnyjkent:

That's why it 's not the TS that needs to be reversed, but the direction of trades on its signals that are not reversed.

And what do you mean by a reversed TS. Doesn't it flip the direction of trades by its unturned signals?

khorosh:
Then what do you mean by an inverted TS. Doesn't it flip the direction of trades on its unflipped signals?

Some people, instead of reversing the direction of positions opened by the signals of a losing TS, rush to reverse the TS itself, changing the conditions described in the strategy in the opposite direction

Maxim Romanov:
I haven't seen any system drain faster than the spread consistently at any interval

I haven't seen either.....

one idea has only been floating around in my head.... there's a 100% losing strategy when used for a long time...it's a martingale.... if you flip it, you can hope (although I don't know) that sooner or later it will shoot backwards.

Reason: