FOREX and ECONOMETRY. Theory, practice, forecasts and implications - page 8

Anton Govorukhin:
Just to give you an example.... During the European session there was a major buyback in the euro on the European markets.... Europe closed afterwards. In the Asian session the Euro was down, but when Europe opened again the next day, the Euro quickly came back up and went out of the position with the same volume... A quick example ....

OK.

And yesterday - there was a major euro buyback as well.

What will it be, up or down?

Anton Govorukhin:
Just to give you an example.... During the European session there was a major buyback in Euros on the European markets.... Europe closed afterwards. The euro lost a lot on the Asian session, but when Europe reopened the next day, the euro quickly returned to its place and the same volume roughly came out of the position ... Rough example but a quick one....

Everyone can give "examples" here - take any indicator and choose an "example" on history.

Take a simple moving average, any timeframe and any instrument - there are plenty of "examples" HISTORY...

Anton Govorukhin:
Then where does the data in the terminal come from?
From liquidity providers - banks

Дмитрий:
From liquidity providers - banks
The banks only quote the applications! When you go to a bank with a large amount of money to exchange into another currency. The banks will do the conversion, but with a high spread and then they will put your bid on the market and make money on it.

Anton Govorukhin:
The banks are only quoting bids! When you go to the bank with a large sum to exchange it for another currency. The banks will do the conversion, but with a high spread and then they will put your order on the market and make a profit on it.

All right, all right, don't worry.

Build your TS on this data and show us all how to trade.

There have been many, but I have faith in you....

Дмитрий:

All right, all right, don't worry.

Build your TS on this data and show us all how to trade.

There have been many, but I have faith in you....

Everyone has their own truth. You're right, let's not get hung up on demagoguery.

Renat Akhtyamov:

...So whatever is given to us, whatever is available, that's what we'll try....

The approach is certainly interesting... Have you ever put salt instead of sugar in your tea or coffee because there is no sugar on the table but there is a saltshaker right here?
Renat Akhtyamov:

However, if you can show us historical data with numerical values of supply and demand in the Forex market, it will be very good.

I do not think that it is realistic to get access to supply/demand data, and besides explicit supply/demand in the form of bids, there is implicit supply/demand that is requests/demands/desires that are not filled out in the form of bids. So it turns out that explicit supply/demand is only the tip of the iceberg, and in fact is a derivative of implicit supply/demand (and in addition already correlated with the current quotes).

One of the sources available for analysis is the archive of quotes, but there is no need to try to represent quotes as a function of time. There are several ways to apply this data in practice:

1- So-called fundamental analysis, where one tries to find the dependence of price values on various global and not so global events;
2- technical analysis that tries to forecast price movements in the future looking for correlations between price movements and using various indicators...

But anyway trying to present quotes as a function of time is a long, perhaps even fascinating, road to nowhere.

Vladimir Suschenko:

The thread is called ECONOMETRICS, cap - what other fundamental and technical analyses.

Well, it is true that everything written in the thread has nothing to do with econometrics, but that is a third issue.

Дмитрий:

The thread is called ECONOMETRICS, cap - what other fundamental and technical analysis.

I am not disagreeing with you at all! I did not call for the branch to be moved to the field of fundamental or technical analysis, I just voiced the scope of data application.

Vladimir Suschenko:
I am not disagreeing with you at all! I didn't call for the branch to be moved to the area of fundamental or technical analysis, I just voiced the applications of the data.

Technical analysis is about specific methods and patterns.

Anything that looks for patterns within a series is not just TA

Reason: