Synchronise Windows local time with the MT5 server - page 15

Another topic is a masterpiece!

To synchronise local time in Windows with server time, simply set the same time zone in the Windows settings as on the server. Have you not guessed?

There always has been and always will be a delay in data transfer, but it's not stable... So adjusting your clock to account for the transmission delay is another unsolvable task.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

To synchronise local time in Windows with server time, simply set the same time zone in the Windows settings as on the server. Have you not guessed?

There always has been and always will be a delay in data transfer, but it's not stable... So adjusting your clock to account for the transmission delay is another unsolvable task.

What do you have to do to not "see" YOU in your threads?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Dimitri, I hope you have the correct time zone in Windows. Please run EA (at the end of previous page) and prints and see how much your time coincides with server time.

Sergey Chalyshev:
Dmitriy, I hope you have the correct time zone in your Windows. Please run the Expert Advisor (at the end of the previous page) and show the prints and see how much your time coincides with the server time.

I actually have my time zone in my winder settings, so the time is not the same as the broker's server.

Or clarify exactly what your issue is?

prostotrader:
What do I have to do to not "see" YOU in my threads?

Create your own forum, so you can be its rightful owner. And here, in fact, there are no your topics. All forum participants have equal rights here, both to read and to write.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I actually have my time zone in my winder settings, so the time is not the same as the broker's server.

Or clarify exactly what your issue is?

I'm not talking about hours, I'm interested in the time difference in minutes seconds and milliseconds.

The Expert Advisor does not pay attention to hours.

This is what I got,

- server MetaQuotes-Demo:

2017.02.01 08:44:47.547 Delta Time Server (USDJPY,M5)   ping : 73 | time server: 7:44:47,434 | time local: 8:44:47,547 | delta ms: -114 | min max delta: -107 : -123
2017.02.01 08:44:47.937 Delta Time Server (USDJPY,M5)   ping : 73 | time server: 7:44:47,833 | time local: 8:44:47,937 | delta ms: -113 | min max delta: -104 : -123
2017.02.01 08:44:49.310 Delta Time Server (USDJPY,M5)   ping : 73 | time server: 7:44:49,186 | time local: 8:44:49,310 | delta ms: -114 | min max delta: -104 : -124

- another server:

2017.02.01 08:44:32.087 Delta Time Server (USDJPY,M5)   ping : 70 | time server: 7:44:26,812 | time local: 8:44:32,87 | delta ms: -5281 | min max delta: -5273 : -5296
2017.02.01 08:44:32.150 Delta Time Server (USDJPY,M5)   ping : 70 | time server: 7:44:26,863 | time local: 8:44:32,150 | delta ms: -5281 | min max delta: -5273 : -5296
2017.02.01 08:44:32.259 Delta Time Server (USDJPY,M5)   ping : 70 | time server: 7:44:26,975 | time local: 8:44:32,259 | delta ms: -5281 | min max delta: -5273 : -5296

On the MetaQuotes-Demo server, the difference is within ping limits, normal.

On the other server the difference is already 5+ seconds, something is wrong here.

Sergey Chalyshev:

I'm not talking about hours, I'm interested in the divergence times in minutes seconds and milliseconds.

The adviser does not pay attention to the clock.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Almost like mine onMetaQuotes-Demo.

You can try it on any other servers, the difference will be noticeable.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Almost like mine onMetaQuotes-Demo.

You can try it on any other servers, the difference will be noticeable.

There may be two reasons:

1. Synchronization of the server clock by internet is done once a week, during this time the clock gives an error.

2. It is advantageous to give out the data with a delay. But this is a double-edged sword: a long delay will cause customers to scatter, a small delay will cause too much gain.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There could be two reasons:

1. The server clock is synchronised over the internet once a week, during this time the clock gives an error.

2. It is profitable to give out data with a delay. But there is a stick of two ends: long delay - clients will run away, small delay - they start to win too much.

That's the thing, the trading server is not synchronized with the quotation source.

On forex, trading is around the clock, there are no breaks in trading, the exact time may not be as critical.

On MICEX there are 3 trading intervals and it is necessary to guess if trading is permitted or not, in order not to run into errors. Everyone does it differently, because there is no way of knowing whether trading is allowed or not in the terminal.

Suggest your own variant.
Reason: