Damned Martin - page 3

Example.

We open two deals: buy and sell. TP is 20 pips.

The price falls by 200 pips:

a) By standard we should open every 20 pips, this is Ilan. With this approach, the equity drawdown on minus trades will be huge: 20/200=10 orders. I.e. 0.01 lot + 0.02 + 0.03 + 0.05 + 0.08 + 0.13 + 0.21 + 0.34 + 0.55 + 0.89 multiplied by points each order. Hence the huge martingale customary drawdown.

b) In our case, not a single dose of averaging is opened, not a single knee, until the market calms down. Specifically: until the bars cross back, because they do not cross when the trend is in progress. And when the waves will cross, we can open the fill with a larger lot. The bottom line: we have only one losing trade, but not half a deposit, but 200 cents = $2! (if we use a cent piece).

What is the lot to open the next averaging knee after a long trend? I do not know. After all, the price may continue trending, the minus will grow and if in this case the first adding will be opened with 0.02 lot (according to the standard), the drawdown will be again negligible. But, then the price will have to pass a decent pullback to close in profit. If we open the first long position with 0.13 lot, the pullback will not be big (more probable than a deep one). What if the trend happens again? Then the drawdown will increase more. But even so, it does not compare with Ilan, he would have already lost, because he would have opened with some lot 1.6.

And we are not talking about the fact that while the bai is in deficit, the sels are shredding the cabbage, taking 20 pips from the market. Parallel.

And we are not saying that we can use pairwise closing of orders when going out of a flat provoking the end of the trend with a profit.

This is all in theory. I hope the guys in the branch will show the results or at least the Expert Advisor. But it has to meet the requirements.

Vladimir Karputov:

That makes more sense. I'll just sketch out an example...

The Expert Advisor catches a trade of the "OUT" type (i.e. it closes a position) and decides that it is a close at TakeProfit. The flags are then reset and a pair of opposite positions are opened again.

Version 1.1 - only consecutive openings, there is no protection yet and as a result the balance grows, but funds melt away :)

Thanks, I would like to see the full version)

Ivan Butko:

So, if I understand correctly, when you enter the market, you do not take into account the direction of the arrows, but when you start to increase the lot, you start to take it into account. Why not take into account the direction of the market when entering the market and open with one order instead of two?

khorosh:
So, if I understand correctly, you do not consider the direction of profit when entering the market and start considering it when you start increasing the lot. Why, why not consider the market direction when entering the market and open with one order, but not two?
We will lose a part of trades. Roughly speaking, we have two instead of one. While we are losing profit on a series of deals in an unsuccessful direction, we are simultaneously making profit on opposite ones. If you enter by one trade by signals - you will still have a loss (by statistics), which you will have to withdraw. While we are pulling out of the drawdown, we are sitting without any money. You can, of course, you can do anything.

There is an entry point with an advantage and a permanent entry point.

With an advantage, we are looking for the optimal entry point. With Ilan, on the other hand, we hope in parallel to miss a losing trend and have a missed profit. We are looking for the optimal entry point with different methods and tools.

Constant - opening without looking for entry points, momentary, after closing the previous order. Closing by TP or SL. As you know, we do not have SL, so it is either TP or farewell deposit.

Ivan Butko:
Thank you, I would like to see the full version).
For that, step 2 needs to be described in detail (but not from the I WANT EVERYTHING at once series, but an actual description).

Ivan Butko:

Nowhere can I find the kind of owl I had in mind myself. Nah, well, someone obviously wrote it!? The Ilan-like obscurantism is worn to a crisp.

Anyway, once I saw El Diablo advisor on one website. Nothing special! And it cost $200! Then I read about it and it turns out that it closes losing series in pairs: the first and the last order. This is the first!

Second!
Isawanother EA called Argus... Regular Martin, pfft! And it cost $120! Later, I've read about it: it turns out that it never searches for trades with advantages, it does not enter using Sociometry, but constantly opens one deal after another and uses Martin to withdraw unprofitable ones. But he is the most profitable, 5000 points a month, if I do not give up.

That's not all! Third!
I was wondering what would happen if you combine these two EAs? Why does the author of these two EAs have no such thing? But never mind...

Fourth, what if we run the martin along the chart and study the points where it is losing? What's there to learn? Those places are known - the no-return moves. Brexit-exits. In one of the January stretches so ancient the price fell in such an even slide that it drained any martin. The flat hill without the pullback, or sharp movements, but with a flat flat pullback - these are the killer patterns, that destroy the deposit of the low-liquid traders.

Fifth: what if we choose a filter, that would not allow opening many knees in such unprofitable areas? What if we attach a pairwise closure to it? And what if we enter all the time without finding an entry with an advantage? All rolled into one! Is there such an owl in the world? What's it like? Works, doesn't it? Show me if there is, is it better than the usual ilan? Because my micro-theory makes everything look rosy. Throw it in if you've got one. And if there isn't and you happen to write such an owl, then please drop it in your personal email.

Come on, it's a lot of letters, I'll explain in pictures.

Parameters:

EMA 5 and 20.

Filter: divergence of waves. We do not open the next knee until it has crossed.

And if we do, we should experiment with the coefficient - whether it is a standard 1.6, or double or triple. After all, after a long rent the price will fall back, the first trade opens with 0.01 lot (let's say), and the second one opens with 0.13 lot. The second one should pass some points to cover the first one in profit. In this case an increased multiplier is also possible.

TP any, but I think 15-20 points will do (minimum daily range, which may be, that the scoop receives profitable trades every working day, do not sit idle)

Minimum threshold at which the next knee opens for a losing series (for example, if a flat starts immediately after opening a losing trade) - to experiment. I think we can start with 20. I.e. if the price goes against the open position, then the price reverses, the reverse crossover occurs, and at this time the price is at 10-19 points from the first position, then additional trade do not open, wait for the price to return back, to reduce the risk of getting into a sideways trend with two open trades (not ten! ie, reduce the risk of opening every 20 points).

That's how it works, what you're talking about...email me if you need anything... :))
Files:
IMG_0366.PNG  133 kb

Yeah, that's not how I did it. To be more precise: as soon as a position has closed at TakeProfit, two oppositely directed positions are opened again. Probably it should be like this: if some position has closed with TakeProfit, for example BUY position has been closed, then ONE BUY position has to be opened. Right?

Added: version 1.101 - now the account lives longer :)

Without indicators v1.101

Vladimir Karputov:

Yeah, that's not how I did it. To be more precise: as soon as a position has closed at TakeProfit, two oppositely directed positions are opened again. Probably it should be like this: if some position has closed with TakeProfit, for example BUY position has been closed, then ONE BUY position has to be opened. Right?

Added: version 1.101 - now the account lives longer :)

Vladimir, that's right! Exactly. Nothing special, "always in the market". Yes, two opposite positions are opened, the one that closes on take - is opened again (i.e. in the same direction), and the one that has gone in a negative direction, is waiting for the next order to be opened in its direction, but with a bigger lot and ONLY under the following conditions:

1. Till the wheels do not cross. As soon as they cross, the next order is immediately opened with a larger lot (kof 1.6 is the default value to start with).

2. If the distance from the open minus order to the price is more than 20 points (the averaging ones do not open by a hundred pieces when the price is flat, they cross back and forth at the distance close to the minus order)

If you do not use tehanalysis when entering, it is better to enter using 2 stop orders. After one of them triggers, delete the second one. Otherwise, it turns out that the minus of the hanging losing position with the initial lot outweighs the series of Take Profits obtained by the order which has hit the favorable price direction. And what is the use of this series of tekprofits? It turns out that we do not get profit at all at the initial lot. We obtain profit only when orders with a larger lot are opened. And if we enter the market using a pair of positions, we will obtain a series of takeprofits for the net profit already at the initial lot.

khorosh:
If you do not use tehanalysis when entering, it is better to enter using 2 stop orders. After one of them triggers, delete the second one. Otherwise, it turns out that the minus of the hanging losing position with the initial lot outweighs the series of Take Profits obtained by the order which has hit the favorable price direction. And what is the use of this series of tekprofits? It turns out that we do not get profit at all at the initial lot. We obtain profit only when orders with a larger lot are opened. And when entering the market using a pair of orders, we will obtain a series of takeprofits for net profit on the initial lot.
You are talking about a different style of trading. Here we are talking about the sinister martingale.
Reason: