Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 397

Hi all. I have this question. I have aMetaTrader 4 from Admiral Markets Demo. I am using the Expert Advisor from this site AVT Stochastic EA and running it in the Strategy Tester on historical data, but there is no Optimize button in the Strategy Tester. Is it because I useMetaTrader4Demo? How can I change the settings for Stochastic on EURUSD M5? Are there any online services for this or should I useMetaTrader4 for reall? Thank you. I apologize if I wrote in the wrong place, I couldn't find anything suitable.

Shara1:

Hi all. I have this question. I have aMetaTrader 4 from Admiral Markets Demo. I am using the Expert Advisor from this site AVT Stochastic EA and running it in the Strategy Tester on historical data, but there is no Optimize button in the Strategy Tester. Is it because I useMetaTrader4Demo? How can I change the settings for Stochastic on EURUSD M5? Are there any online services for this or should I useMetaTrader4 for reall? Thank you. I apologize if I wrote in the wrong place, I couldn't find anything suitable.

There is only oneMetaTrader 4. Demo or real depends on the account. Optimisation is checked in the tester.Stochastic is used at your own risk

STARIJ:

I have only oneMetaTrader 4. Demo or Real depends on your account. Optimization is checked in the tester.Stochastic is used at your own risk.

Thank you. But that's the thing, I don't have this checkbox in the tester. And I need to know what are the best Stochastic parameters onEURUSD M5. Here is a screenshot of the tester. MyMetaTrader4 build 1090. May I do something wrong?

Files:
ldnwq5.png  23 kb

Shara1:

Thank you. But that's the thing, I don't have this checkbox in the tester. And I need to know what are the best Stochastic parameters onEURUSD M5. Here is a screenshot of the tester. MyMetaTrader4 build 1090. May be I am doing something wrong?

I hardly know how you did it. But, as you can see, I have managed to do it:

Now I extend the window widthwise and the tester heightwise. It appears on the right and at the bottom:

STARIJ:

I could hardly guess how you achieved that. But, as you can see, I have managed - you have it that way:

Now widening the window to the width and the tester to the height. It appears on the right and at the bottom:

I've extended the height, but I can't reach the width. What should I pull on?

Connect another monitor to the system unit - you can put a 17-inch monitor vertically - and extend the desktop to it

Shara1:   The height is extended, but the width is not. What do you have to pull on?

The edge of the window. The whole window has to extend to the width. The tester is all the way to the width of the window.

STARIJ:

Over the edge of the window. The window all needs to widen out in width.

I have a laptop, it doesn't reach over the edge of the window.

Shara1 I have a laptop, it doesn't stretch over the edge of the window.

You have to set the screen resolution to maximum - increase the resolution. The window will become smaller and there will be room to stretch. You can also extend part of the window to the left beyond the screen

STARIJ:

You have to set the screen resolution to maximum - increase the resolution. This will make the window smaller and give you more room to stretch. You can also move part of the window to the left of the screen

Moved it out, it didn't work. I'll have to try with the resolution. Can you tell me where to find it in Windows7?

All found it Thank you, the optimisation checkbox came up.

Reason: