Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1524

Alexey Viktorov:
And then you can read the whole thread.

The use of classes in mt5 is pretty much imposed by the developers. In mt4 iBands returns indicator value, while mt5 returns handle, i.e. there will be more confusing writing than we would like (it's easier to write a function that returns bollinger values). At the same time, they also give an opportunity to use CiBands class, where you can write 3 short lines. In mt5 the functionality given by classes, for example CTrade,CSymbolInfo etc. is also too cumbersome when using other solutions. So for now the question is how to get values when using CiBands?

Andrey Sokolov:

The use of classes in mt5 is quite heavily imposed by developers. In the same mt4 iBands returns indicator value, while mt5 returns handle, i.e. there will be more confusing writing than we would like (it's easier to write function that returns bollinger values). At the same time, they also give an opportunity to use CiBands class, where you can write 3 short lines . In mt5 the functionality given by classes, for example CTrade,CSymbolInfo etc. is as cumbersome using other solutions. So for now the question is how to get values when using CiBands?

what's the confusion?
one line in oninit for the handle and then a second line to call on the handle. (two lines to write)

Andrey Sokolov:

The use of classes in mt5 is quite heavily imposed by developers. In the same mt4 iBands returns indicator value, while mt5 returns handle, i.e. there will be more confusing writing than we would like (it is easier to write a function that returns bollinger values). At the same time, they also give an opportunity to use CiBands class, where you can write 3 short lines. In mt5 the functionality given by classes, for example CTrade,CSymbolInfo etc. is also too cumbersome when using other solutions. So the question for now is how to get values when using CiBands?

Implied not by the developers, but by one moderator. As for the BB values, so Artem told you that it's easier to get everything directly... the sequence is like this...

1. Declared hendle variables and arrays to get indicator values. If necessary, 3 at most. If we don't need an average, two arrays will be enough.
  2. In OnInit() we received the indicator handle...
  3. In OnTick() or in some other function CopyBuffer() for each line separately, as many as necessary.
  4. From these arrays you get the values of indicator lines on those bars which are interesting...

THAT'S IT. Why bother with OOP¿¿¿¿¿? Unfortunately, I can't answer your question directly, because I'm not using it. It's easier for me as I described. There are only 4 actions.

Please advise. There are a couple of indicators that give good entry points, but they are in ex4. Can you please tell me how to get the arrows out of the buffer? That is, I want to make an indicator based on their readings.

@Alexey Viktorov thank you

jarikn:
Please advise. There are a couple of indicators that give good entry points, but they are in ex4. Can you please tell me how to get the arrows out of the buffer? That is, I want to make an indicator based on their readings.
iCustom
YouTube link removed

Andrey Sokolov:
iCustom
YouTube link removed

????

I do not have the source code of the indicators. only the ex4 file itself

jarikn:

????

Advertising for a third-party resource and private channels. If it wasn't for me, I might have been banned.

jarikn:

????

I do not have the source code of the indicators. only the ex4 file itself
you don't need the source code, you see the indicator buffer number in the "Data window" and use it in iCustom
iCustom - Технические индикаторы - Справочник MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com

MakarFX:
you don't need the source code, in the "Data window" you see the indicator buffer number and use it in iCustom

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks

Reason: