Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 340

Nauris Zukas:

When the tests are completed, the indicator window opens.

So? And if you hide it in the Expert Advisor code, it won't open.

I do not understand what you want to get.

Artyom Trishkin:

Only if the EA does not use HideTestIndicators()

What does this have to do with it? Is HideTestIndicators() written somewhere in the code provided to me?

Artyom Trishkin:

So what? And if you hide it in the EA code, it won't open.

I do not understand what you want to get.

Read post 3372.

Artyom Trishkin:

Only if HideTestIndicators() is not used in the EA

The function is useful, but not convenient - it is a pity that the developers have not made it possible to simply prohibit the output of all indicators and to do this during the initialisation of advisor....

Nauris Zukas:

See post 3372.

Well read. Your indicator shows up in tests - you don't say under what circumstances it shows up there. So I conclude that you put it on the chart in the tester. Didn't you?

The indicator will not be applied to the chart in the tester unless we use a chart template with this indicator in it (in the tester, only at the end of the test and only if its display is not prohibited in the Expert Advisor).

In the Strategy Tester, at the end of the test it will open (if it is not disabled in the EA).

What do you want to achieve, you have not clearly said.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The function is useful, but not convenient - it is a pity that the developers did not make it possible to simply prohibit the output of all indicators and do it during the initialisation of the advisor....

Conclude all indicators in the bindings of this function. There is an example in the Help. Or is it necessary to bring it here from the help?

Artyom Trishkin:

Conclude all indicators in a wrapper from this function. There is an example in the help. Or is it necessary to drag it here from help?

Not everyone has the same programming style as in the help...

I have indicators embedded in functions - intermediate calculations are often made there.

For the market you would need to specifically go through each function and mark the indicator, which is not convenient. That's why it's not clear why you need to use indicator hiding, except for the marketplace, and if so, it's better to do it during initialization.

Artyom Trishkin:

Well read. Your indicator shows up in tests - you don't say under what circumstances it shows up there. So I conclude that you put it on the chart in the tester. Didn't you?

What "put it on the chart"? Is it so hard to see a picture? I even circled in red the indicator being tested.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Not everyone has a programming style like in the help...

I have indicators embedded in functions - often intermediate calculations are done there.

For the marketplace, you would need to specifically go through each function and mark the indicator, which is not convenient. That's why it's not clear, why do I need to use hiding of indicators, except for the market, and if so, it would be better to do it during initialization.

It means that your program's architecture was built incorrectly from the beginning, since you have such problems when making changes.

Nauris Zukas:

What "put on the chart"? Is it so hard to see a picture? I even circled the indicator being tested in red.

Your pictures are out there somewhere... Why should someone who has decided to help you run there? If you don't want to make it easy for the person helping you and yourself, keep making people jump around the pages looking for your posts that only you want.

What have you circled there? A picture? Do you think that everyone has a comic strip mentality these days? Is it difficult for you to just write in words what you are doing and what you want to achieve as a result?

Reason: