What is the optimum depth of history for identifying a useful signal? - page 14

azfaraon:
..will be closed after a certain period of time determined by the algorithm of determining the depth of history

What's going to close? It turns out that you either based on the selected depth of history is how long we will keep the trade in the future after we have entered into this trade.

Or based on the selected correct depth of history we select the future depth of cp PARAMETERS, which we will not change for some time.

Right ....
ZaPutina:

What's going to close? It turns out that you either have based on the selected depth of history how long we will hold the trade in the future after we have entered that trade.

Anyway, it is possible to estimate the lifetime of a trade and TS in pips or in a time interval, do you agree?

I do it in money))) But why are you bothering with points? The topic is the depth of history ... and not the number of points earned.

azfaraon:
I do it in money))) but why are you bothering with points? The topic is the depth of history, not the number of points earned.

Do you also determine the depth of history for analysis in money?

My point is that all this is directly related to volatility, which is measured in pips, and your "in the money" is defined as the lot multiplied by pips. Since your lot is stationary, pips remain.

And you say you don't analyze volatility, even indirectly.

Once again I say at the moment I have to do it, i.e. to select stoploss and take profit. When choosing the depth of history I do not rely on volatility or anything else on the chart

azfaraon:
I do not rely on volatility or anything else on the chart when choosing the depth of history

)))) What else to rely on when choosing a story, it's not futures, there are no volumes and no bids))).

You may say that they are based on equity and balance of TS, but it's a trap here too, they are derivatives of the chart, for Christ's sake). It's a mystery.

Then a simple question...what does the straight line distance from point A to point B depend on? Will it change if we put a pipe with a larger or smaller diameter between them? I mean, the diameter is kind of like the volatility of the market

how old are you? Just one ... I showed you the volatility of the pipes

You wrote that it's ala volatility)))) why repeat it, I get it.
Reason: