Goodbye robot - hello marasmus

Hello forum users!

I'd like to say goodbye to my Don Quixote.

has decided to run the mills again

and I have to accompany him!

As far as robots and automatics go, every boild

...it's getting worse, only it was 625 and now it's 670!

It's getting worse- it's not working anymore!

calling the script through the handler, some far-fetched

windows popping up requiring manual confirmation.

What kind of automation is this?

all this drives people to freelance! that's the job!

It is sickening to read their dreams.

Cheers!

Panza

And good riddance to you.

I won't say a word about the dancers... ;)

pansa:

Hello forum users!

I'd like to say goodbye to my Don Quixotes.

What kind of automation is this?

All this drives people to freelance! That's the job!

It makes you sick to read their dreams.

Cheers!

Panza

Yeah... By the way, in the last year these messages have been appearing more and more often. The methaquotes got into MT5 structure which is hardly necessary to anybody and now they frantically assimilate all the unnecessary stuff from MT5 to MT4.

The best days of the forum are sadly behind us. They had their heyday around 2007-2011, when according to Roche there were up to 8 and even up to 10 thousand daily unique visitors. Now I think it's unlikely to get more than a few dozen, well, maybe a hundred a day. Given the current activity.

In those days of flourishing - simple and clear MQL4 language was available to almost any trader, who wanted to write his own design without any programming skills. (Especially after the "release" of Igor Kim's functions! Often there was a full house here (especially before the championships) almost every day).

Local "authorities" - Composter, Matemat, Y. Reshetov, Vladislav-VG, Igor Kim and many others. - They answered our questions and generously shared their knowledge. They opened branches and wrote topics. Now, almost all of them have practically left the forum - they answer very seldom. Unless, of course, some respond as part of their moderation responsibilities.

And now - newcomers who ask questions - often come across boorish, abusive or greedy trolls (e.g. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/152964 like new-rena).

But all sorts of other trolls have emerged and returned, who have collected "statistics" in threads like "smoking room". Who instead of an answer - forcing (often rudely) beginners to go to "freelance".

Regarding the redundancy of the current version of MQL4 I completely agree with the author of this thread. It is like calculating the area of a triangle for example. You can do it using integral and differential calculus. Or you can do the same - simply by learning the multiplication table S=(H*L)/2! But metaquotes (figuratively speaking) - they want the area of a triangle to be calculated using integrals only! And in no other way!

The best option here is to go back to the clear version of MQL-4, around 2011. Then people will return to the forum. The life will start boiling. The brokerage companies will have more clients. Let mt5/mql5 be for advanced programmers. And mt4/mql4 - will remain for a huge number of amateurs! For it is written: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's" (c).

Rolli:

Yeah... By the way, such reports have been appearing more and more often over the last year. The methaquotes got stuck in MT5 - not much needed and not much demanded - and now they frantically assemble all the unnecessary stuff from MT5 to MT4.

The best days of the forum are sadly behind us. They had their heyday around 2007-2011, when according to Roche there were up to 8 and even up to 10 thousand daily unique visitors. Now I think it's unlikely to get more than a few dozen, well, maybe a hundred a day. Given the current activity.

In those days of flourishing - simple and clear MQL4 language was available to almost any trader, who wanted to write his own design without any programming skills. (Especially after the "release" of Igor Kim's functions! Often there was a full house here (especially before the championships) almost every day).

Local "authorities" - Composter, Matemat, Y. Reshetov, Vladislav-VG, Igor Kim and many others. - They answered our questions and generously shared their knowledge. They opened branches and wrote topics. Now, almost all of them have practically left the forum - they answer very seldom. Unless, of course, some of them answer as part of their moderating duties.

And now - newcomers who ask questions - often come across boorish, abusive or greedy trolls (e.g. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/152964 like new-rena).

But all sorts of other trolls have emerged and returned, who have collected "statistics" in threads like "smoking room". Who instead of an answer - forcing (often rudely) beginners to go to "freelance".

Regarding the redundancy of the current version of MQL4 I completely agree with the author of this thread. It is like calculating the area of a triangle for example. You can do it using integral and differential calculus. Or you can do the same - simply by learning the multiplication table S=(H*L)/2! But metaquotes (figuratively speaking) - they want the area of a triangle to be calculated using integrals only! And in no other way!

The best option here is to go back to the clear version of MQL-4, around 2011. Then people will return to the forum. The life will start boiling. The brokerage companies will have more clients. Let mt5/mql5 be for advanced programmers. And mt4/mql4 - will remain for a huge number of amateurs! For it is written: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's" (c).

I think there is a rational basis for your arguments. For non-professional programmers (and they are the majority), there should be a simple version of MQL4, without any frills and it should be updated only when bugs are detected. And for professional programmers, the version can complicate and improve as much as desired. You cannot forcibly update the version and leave users without the ability to use the old version.

khorosh:
I think there is a rational basis for your arguments. For non-professional programmers there should be a simple version of MQL4 without any frills and it should be updated only when bugs are detected. And the version for professionals can further complicate and improve it as much as necessary. You cannot forcibly update the version and leave users without the possibility to use the old version.

At the risk of being banned for this, but I couldn't agree with you more than 100%!!!

borilunad:

At the risk of being banned for this, but I couldn't agree with you more 100%!!!

The train seems to be going too fast. People aren't getting off at their station. I was going to write get on - then they're just getting on another train that's going the wrong way. So they get off at the wrong place. And they get the wrong result. I had to clean up my own messes too. But mistakes. They used to be allowed, now they're not.

At least there is less junk in the public domain. They have got used to it - they pump school mock-ups and sell their deposits because of stupid mistakes in the code, and blame DC and Metaquotes.

Do not.

artmedia70:

At least there is less junk in the public domain. They have got used to it - they pump school mock-ups and sell their deposits because of stupid mistakes in the code, and blame DC and Metaquotes.

Do not.

The ability to earn with an EA does not depend so much on the capabilities of the programming language, as on a successful strategy. If the language becomes more complex, the number of potential users decreases, and therefore the number of people using auto-trading decreases. And this is not profitable for either metaquotes or brokerage companies. The successful using of the Expert Advisor in trading is possible only when the trader understands its every line of code. And if an Expert Advisor is written to order, you can hardly count on it. Yes, a beginner can make mistakes in the code at first, but with a simple language, he/she can still master it and finally write an error-free EA.

khorosh:
The ability to make money with an EA does not so much depend on the capabilities of the programming language as on a successful strategy. If the language becomes more complex, the number of potential users decreases, and consequently, the number of people using auto-trading decreases. And this is not profitable for either metaquotes or brokerage companies. The successful using of the Expert Advisor in trading is possible only when the trader understands its every line of code. And if an Expert Advisor is written to order, you can hardly count on it. Yes, a beginner can make mistakes in the code at first, but with a simple language, he still has an opportunity to master it and eventually write an error-free EA.

The one who can write something on his/her own, all changes connected with the update do not cost anything. The language hasn't become more complicated at all. It has just become more demanding. And it doesn't allow for crude mistakes. I was quite surprised in one of the threads that it could be written this way and it would work... Checked it out... Yeah... Turns out you could write such nonsense and it would work... I was shocked... Artyom was pumping...
All the updates had thrown out the "programmers" who were sculpting EAs out of other people's code like a house of cubes. And often not quite competently stacking them...

AlexeyVik:
... like houses made of cubes. And often not quite adding them up intelligently...

Yeah. Something like that:

:)))))

:)))))))))))))

artmedia70:

Yeah. Something like that:

:)))))

You've got to be kidding me. ))) Just like that you got up on your own. Or did you get help? ))
Reason: