Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 12

tara:
You're right. That's exactly the way the developers went, imho.
Maybe they did, just the wrong way :)

Meat:

So what is there to hear? Just because the old MQL4 will be updated with new features, it will not turn into MQL5.

Yes, it will. If you do not confuse the trading API with the language itself - MQL4++* is absolutely identical to MQL5. In other words, it is.

// By the way, I introduced the term "MQL4++" partly as a joke, and partly to clear the minds of those unable to comprehend it. It simply makes things easier for the stupid - it's less intimidating. :)

MetaDriver:

Exactly it will. If you do not confuse the trading API with the language itself - MQL4++* is completely identical to MQL5. In other words, it is.

// By the way, I introduced the term "MQL4++" partly as a joke, and partly to clear the minds of those unable to comprehend it. It simply makes things easier for the stupid - it's less intimidating. :)

That was on the first mission to the moon, and the second one we did together...

Ehh, after the latest updates of MT4, it looks more and more like MT5 and will become quite similar after the introduction of the new compiler, if only MT5 had allowed counter positions instead of all these tambourine dances, that's it...

I would like to address Renat (respectfully)

OnTester() - Will there be one? And a forward?

I used to grumble about MT5 and now I can't get enough of quadruple.

nasdaq:

I would like to address Renat (respectfully)

OnTester() - Will there be one? Willthere be a forward?

I used to grumble about MT5, but now I can't get enough of four.

I am not Renat, but I will answer.

I am not Renat, but I will answer. OnTester will for sure be there. Forward - unknown, not in my plans yet.

MetaDriver:

Exactly it will. If you do not confuse the trading API with the language itself - MQL4++* is completely identical to MQL5. In other words, it is.

"Can you tell me more about it? // I've never heard of it."

It's coming soon. We have opened a marketplace with one product for testing. In a few days we will start closed beta testing on a limited number of traders.

Renat:
It's coming soon. We have opened a marketplace with one product for testing. In a few days we will start closed beta testing on a limited number of traders.
Renat, I hope the testing will be long and thorough. Take your time.

Yes, there will be a public beta test on the forum and on a separate test server for at least a month. We would be grateful if active developers and traders would join the testing. We will open a separate discussion thread on the language to collect comments, and then we will reward the most active participants who find important bugs based on the results.
Reason: