What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 5

I suppose mt4 can now also qualify for competitions

Renat:
By the way, there is a great temptation to drag the history base as M1(including the spread) into MetaTrader 5 and close a lot of problems with historical data.

yyyy.... But please don't make any moves towards no custom/offline charts and no custom history. !!!!

At least you can work with synthetics in 4....

Renat:
The editor will be a single one, taken from MT5. It will just become MetaEditor without numbers. And the compiler will be one for two languages.

I thought the profiler and the debugger are part of it, aren't they? if not, I would like to see them in 4 too - take it as a wish, if anything ))))

Thanks for the upcoming Mega upgrade, of course - it's a good shock!

MetaDriver:

yyyy .... but please don't make any moves towards lack of custom/offline charts and custom builds. !!!!

I have my doubts ))))

if anything, i'll scream that you're the one who predicted it.

you just... keep it coming every once in a while

Another good improvement for MQL4 code is that it will become much better tested and previously unnoticed bugs will inevitably pop up. This is all due to the new, better compiler.

Moreover, the compiler for the MQL4 code will automatically allow some liberties, such as allowing variables to extend beyond the scope of types:

for(int i=0;i<10;i++)
  {
  }
if(i>9)

This is not allowed in MQL5. To instruct the compiler to be stricter, you can include a flag:

#property strict

Drooling... I don't have time to take buckets out.... The only question is WHEN? It's a joke.

Renat:

On points:

• the slider without volumes will be (see how the latest MT5 makes the slider for instruments without broadcast volumes)

Here's what the volume-free stack looks like in the latest MetaTrader 5 build 842, which has just been released. It can now be opened for any instrument and allows for convenient manual scalping by placing/removing/tasking orders:

The same slider for instruments with volume support is shown next to it.

The same volume-free slider will be available in MetaTrader 4.

Can the volumes be ????? And your broadcast into it ??? as option A ???

FAQ:
I'm drooling... Can't get buckets out in time.... The only question is WHEN ??? It's a complete mockery.

For now you can go to MQL5 Market, register as a vendor and start preparing your products for publishing.

It will be great if a couple of hundred applications will be available for the launch of the Market for 4.

Will there be a function for working with the marketplace in MQL4 as well?
Reason: